PDA

View Full Version : Eye symptoms?

alfred24
04-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone else gets symptoms with their vision. Ive noticed that sometimes when I wake up and have to suddenly go outside for whatever reason (move my car, open the front door, etc.) and then when I come right back in my house I see this pulsation of whitish color like my eyes were adjusting or something. Then when I closed my eyes I could still see it as it starts to slowly fade away back to normal. I don't remember this happening before anxiety. Does anyone else get this? Or know why I would have this?

alankay
04-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Is it like a head rush? Alankay

princesskj
04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Vision problems are a part of anxiety I've been dealing with that the last couple months for the first time

alfred24
04-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Is it like a head rush? Alankay

No not really. It's almost like light flashes. Except I wouldn't really characterize them as flashes because when I say flashes I think like a bright flash of light. But in my case it's not bright. It's it's a bit dull and pulsating. It's hard to explain. But I see it for a couple seconds and the. It goes away but only when I've gone from hi to low light quickly after I've gotten up from sleep

onebreathatatime
04-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone else gets symptoms with their vision. Ive noticed that sometimes when I wake up and have to suddenly go outside for whatever reason (move my car, open the front door, etc.) and then when I come right back in my house I see this pulsation of whitish color like my eyes were adjusting or something. Then when I closed my eyes I could still see it as it starts to slowly fade away back to normal. I don't remember this happening before anxiety. Does anyone else get this? Or know why I would have this?

I get eye floaters, and flashers, they are all different too. Some are like a sparkle shining, some are dull, lines, dots, etc... I had an eye exam about a year ago and was told these are normal, especially with the anxiety.

Ivere
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Get this all the time! Anxiety makes you hypersensitive to things, for example, I might cut my finger and a non anxiety will cut their finger, but mine will hurt more. It's the same with this, you didn't notice it before because its no big deal, you notice it now because your bat shit crazy (totally joking by the way). I get it when I'm in my lounge room watching tv, I have a bright free standing light next to it and sometimes it effects my vision. Totally normal :)

alfred24
04-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys

notmyself30
04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
My eyes are always doing crazy little things. They are very sensitive to bright light. The "black floaters" in my eyes was one of my first symptoms. I just ignore it now and deal with all the new symptoms.

noumenalist
04-23-2013, 09:19 PM
I get these symptoms too. I'm quite near-sighted so it's normal for me. Honestly, after my first panic attack, I noticed that my vision became blurrier and I saw an optometrist to see if my prescription had changed. It did. A lot more than it usually does and he found a couple of tears in my retina. As you can imagine, this sent my anxiety through the roof when I was most sensitive. I had to have laser treatment that same day and I'm still not sure if this is somehow anxiety related. I don't worry about it as much now and from my understanding, occasional flashes are okay but if you ever see several flashes at once, you should definitely go to a doctor. Floaters are, for the most part, normal. It's just the vitreous gel detaching and it's quite normal. One thing I've found that helps is if I look up and down several times, it will kind of allow the gel to... Float to the bottom? And I don't notice the floaters as much.

Lin
04-23-2013, 10:22 PM
You might find it is a bit like the horrible eye flashing patterns you get with migraines. It is the first sign I am getting one, but luckily only get them when got shoulder or neck strain or inadvertently drunk any caffeine.