PDA

View Full Version : Male anxiety

Kellie
04-22-2013, 10:31 PM
I have this thing where i am always anxious around males, not all but like friends dads or my own step dad or uncles, i have known this family for my whole life, they are literally like my own family, and i have spent so much of my life with them and yet i still get really nervous around the Dad, i feel so uncomfortable around him. My step Dad had been living with us since i was 7 and yet i am still so nervous around him, we don't talk all that often and i have to get mum to ask him questions for me.. Its so silly but its like that for most males.. I don't understand how i can feel so comfortable with females but so uncomfortable with males -.-

alankay
04-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Can you trace this back to either an experience with him or someone, who at some level, he reminds you of? Think this over for a while. Alankay

Kellie
04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
I mean, my dad was not a positive person in my life.. But i don't see how that could make me have issues with males.. I'll keep thinking though..

trinidiva
04-23-2013, 07:41 PM
I mean, my dad was not a positive person in my life.. But i don't see how that could make me have issues with males.. I'll keep thinking though..

That could very well be the issue. I am very untrusting of unfamiliar males as well, even if the person is just trying to be friendly or help me. Mine is due, however, to an attempted assault by a friend's cousin. Although this happened many years ago, that still lingers with me.

Kellie
04-24-2013, 02:37 AM
Well I'm sorry to hear that.. And you are probably right.. Thankyou..

scared44
04-24-2013, 03:24 AM
I have this thing where i am always anxious around males, not all but like friends dads or my own step dad or uncles, i have known this family for my whole life, they are literally like my own family, and i have spent so much of my life with them and yet i still get really nervous around the Dad, i feel so uncomfortable around him. My step Dad had been living with us since i was 7 and yet i am still so nervous around him, we don't talk all that often and i have to get mum to ask him questions for me.. Its so silly but its like that for most males.. I don't understand how i can feel so comfortable with females but so uncomfortable with males -.-

I also suffer severe anxiety ect around my Father this has been going on from the age of 12 and am now 45yrs!! It never stops and I don't know why?? I wish I knew :-( Sorry you suffer the same xxxx

Kellie
05-11-2013, 12:55 AM
I also suffer severe anxiety ect around my Father this has been going on from the age of 12 and am now 45yrs!! It never stops and I don't know why?? I wish I knew :-( Sorry you suffer the same xxxx

Its weird because i'm nervous round those males i am closest too.. And its been like that forever :/ and wow that's a long time, I'm sorry to hear that!