PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out today

Want2feelnormalagn
04-22-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm just coming our of my skin today. My chest has hurt all day I've been breathing and sniffing my cotton ball with lavender and I even took 1/2 of an Ativan but I'm still just freaking out today. If I could just check into the hospital for a few days and have them monitor my heart and maybe do a head CT I swear I would be able to just drop this all and truly believe its anxiety. To make maters worse I work in the emergency department of our local hospital and I see stuff all day long that I'm constantly relating to myself. So I'm 30 and I've seen lots of ppl my age and younger with serious heart/brain problems so I am always scanning myself asking if its something I could have. I never did this until I had my first I guess panic attack Nov 30th 2012. Since then everyday has been a battle and I wake up every morning shaky weak and tired. I wake up all night with chest pressure and back pain in between my shoulders and throughout the day random chest pains accompanied by dizziness and heart pounding. All day!!!

onebreathatatime
04-22-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm just coming our of my skin today. My chest has hurt all day I've been breathing and sniffing my cotton ball with lavender and I even took 1/2 of an Ativan but I'm still just freaking out today. If I could just check into the hospital for a few days and have them monitor my heart and maybe do a head CT I swear I would be able to just drop this all and truly believe its anxiety. To make maters worse I work in the emergency department of our local hospital and I see stuff all day long that I'm constantly relating to myself. So I'm 30 and I've seen lots of ppl my age and younger with serious heart/brain problems so I am always scanning myself asking if its something I could have. I never did this until I had my first I guess panic attack Nov 30th 2012. Since then everyday has been a battle and I wake up every morning shaky weak and tired. I wake up all night with chest pressure and back pain in between my shoulders and throughout the day random chest pains accompanied by dizziness and heart pounding. All day!!!

I'm in a similar situation. I work in a hospital too, I used to work in around patients and I have since had to switch to a desk job, away from it all. I couldn't separate myself from the patients. If you ever want to talk feel free to msg me

sharacel91
04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
I had to quite my job as I worked in a go surgery and it bought my anxiety on every since ive left I feel better

sharacel91
04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Gp * surgery

u4ea
04-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Wow - working in the medical field, especially ER, must be crazy for someone with anxiety; especially health anxiety.

I don't think I could do it,