PDA

View Full Version : Drained

brickyard_red
09-21-2005, 09:30 AM
I hate it when I get depressed because I just feel so drained all the time. I look around my house and I see things that need to be done but I can't make myself get up and do them. And if I can make myself get up then I get all fuzzy in the head and can't orgainize my thoughts enough to get anything done anyway.

All I want to do is lay in bed and cry all day. And there is absolutely no reason why I should be crying, but I do anyway. And I am scared to death of everything going on in the world right now. I'm just afraid that it is just going to get worse and worse and there is no answer to anything. Where does it all end??

With the hurricane disaster and now another one on the way. I think about all those people, where are they going to go? How are they going to get their lives back together? Where are they going to get jobs? And the families that have been separated, what about them??

And then you have the whole part about the animals. I cry every time I think about them. All those poor pets that are lost and don't know where their family is. They don't understand anything of what is going on.

And then you have the fighting over in Iraq that is still going on and you hear of new soldiers being killed on a daily basis. I just sometimes feel so overwhelmed with everything going on around us that I don't know how to deal with it all.

And now also with the cost of gas going up so high. Yea, it's finally starting to come down at the gas pumps for the cars, but now they're talking about it shooting sky high to heat your house during the winter, how are we supposed to be able to afford all this and everything else that we need on a daily basis?? Sometimes it's just too much.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go off quite so badly here, but I don't know where else I can say all this and not sound like a total nut. I talk to my husband about some of this, but I don't want to whine to him all the time, you know? Anyway, sorry for dumping this on all of you.

Cath :?

shoe
09-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Cath, sorry things are rough for you. Depression strikes me now and then, but I've gotten pretty good at putting things out of my mind and trying to focus on other things.

Once I do get in the depressive state it becomes almost a vicious cycle because for me I think about the idea that there's no hope for me, and I wish someone would magically make my problems go away, and I'd like to get help but I can't afford it and even when I do try I get crappy psychologists or run into deadends and when I try to make changes for myself I only get so far before I fail etc etc. And the more I think about being depressed and how much I am missing out on, the more depressed I get and the less I do, and the less interested I am.. etc etc what a long runon paragraph lol.

I've realized now though that its just a waste of time and energy, it doesn't lead anywhere, doesn't accomplish anything, just makes me feel miserable and tired and useless. Now if a depressed thought comes in my mind I find something to do and immerse myself in it to get those thoughts out of my head. Exercise actually works wonderfully for me when depression is weighing heavy in the back of my mind.

Anyway, as far as the world crises go I just turn a deaf ear to it really, I can't do anything to help those people. I just wish them the best and if money ever comes my way I'm sure I'd contribute money to charities, thats at least something. Right now I can't do much of anything and I'm kind of trying to focus on overcoming my own problems right now anyway. That may sound selfish, but sometimes you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others.

dan

brickyard_red
09-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Dan, I wouldn't say that you're being selfish at all. Nope. You're just doing what needs to be done right now so that in the future, maybe you will be able to help out someday.

Sometimes I can block things out and get real involved in something, mine is usually crafts, and that makes it better. But sometimes I can't get it out of my head. And especially when I have to deal with aspects of it, like gas prices going up and up. But, right now it's just a rumor of prices going up and my husband told me last night when I told him a little bit of what I'm feeling right now that I shouldn't buy into the hysteria that the media is trying to push on us at this time. He said that gas prices may go up for a week or two like they did before, but that they will come back down. I suppose all I can do is trust him that he knows what he's talking about. :?

Thanks for responding to me Dan, means alot!

Cath :)