PDA

View Full Version : anyone have OCD or pure O?

mglover92
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
This is so annoying. My obsession is fear of self harm and never getting better and then taking my life. I know its bull shit and i would never do it and its just anxiety but it does feel real at times. I can go a day without thinking about it and ill be perfectly fine! Its when im not busy it bothers me! But when im out doing stuff im great and happy as can be and laughing! I know im not depressed. Anyone else suffer from this non sense?

NixonRulz
04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
I used to be scared out of my mind with some of the harming thoughts I had. I knew I wouldnt do anything but dwelled on it and when a thought would hit me, the adreneline rush was close behind.

It wasnt until I learned that those intrusive thoughts were completely normal for anxiety sufferers and it never came to pass.

So, once I stopped giving my anxiety symptom of screwed up thoughts any credance, it went away swiftly and has never returned.

P.S.Butterfly
04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Yes. My intrusive thoughts are the worse. I fear the most craziest things. Sigh....one day.

REF0612
04-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I definitely identify with this. I do suffer from depression but the obsessions and anxiety are worse. If I don't keep my mind occupied the obsessions take over and then the anxiety starts. It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself none of it is real I still get overwhelmed.