PDA

View Full Version : Amoxophobia- i need help..!!

chalvin
04-22-2013, 01:43 PM
I've been dealing with this kinda anxiety for a long time, it's riding being a passenger in someone's car or any kinda transportation- bus, train and worse plain.
Today I took an international flight, and it was extremely "painful" for the whole time, racing thoughts whenever turbulence occurs, severe anxiety before and during take off.
Anxiety starts when I anticipate riding or being a passenger in someone's car and it stops whenever I get off from it.

NixonRulz
04-22-2013, 02:23 PM
That is actually interesting to me, yet I apologize my interest is at your expense . LOL

I didnt realize it had its own disorder name.

I hate being a passender in a car becasue I think most of the jackasses I know cant drive a lick but it has never casued me anxiety,one of the few things I might add.

I used to get really anxious prior to getting on planes because I had a mild panic attack once on a plane so I associated the plane with the attack so the cycle continued for a few years,

And my anxiety would leave as soon as I landed.

Do you realize that your thoughts are not rational and understand that a sysmptom of you anxiety disorder causes these thoughts?

When you are calm and would think of these thoughts, do you think they are ridiculous up to the point when you would have to anticipate being a passeneger?

Your anxiety is trying to trick you. Don't be fooled. When you start having these thoughts, don't fight them. Let them come and happen. Watch the symptoms come and go without reacting.

They always go away whether you fear them, try and escape, panic, pray to God or whatever so don't add fuel to the fire.

Understand your anxiety symptoms are the root cause of your thoughts on this.

We all have our own irrational thoughts that we were able to overcome once it was realized why we were having them.

I hope you find your path easily