PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin?

willv91
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Has anyone been taking pregabalin for anxiety? Did it work?

alankay
04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
No but it should. It's approved for GAD type anxiety in Europe. Alankay

willv91
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
No but it should. It's approved for GAD type anxiety in Europe. Alankay

Hi Alankay,
Thanks for the reply. I am just wondering what peoples experiences are with this medication.

Will.

maria.g
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Has anyone been taking pregabalin for anxiety? Did it work?

Also known as Lyrica. I tried it and found it helped with anxiety and sleep . It actually wasn't prescribed for me, I tried it when my mother was in it for lumbar pain. She loved it and I used to take hers to get sleep and knock myself out!
My own psych mentioned putting me on it but I remember declining as I was on mirtrazapine at the time and weight gain is a side effect of a lot or this type of drug.
Fat and relaxed versus skinny and neurotic seems to be the only option we have with anxiety.

willv91
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Also known as Lyrica. I tried it and found it helped with anxiety and sleep . It actually wasn't prescribed for me, I tried it when my mother was in it for lumbar pain. She loved it and I used to take hers to get sleep and knock myself out!
My own psych mentioned putting me on it but I remember declining as I was on mirtrazapine at the time and weight gain is a side effect of a lot or this type of drug.
Fat and relaxed versus skinny and neurotic seems to be the only option we have with anxiety.

Thats really helpful, thanks. Do you remember what dosage you were on? And how long it took before they started working?

Will.

maria.g
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
It comes in 50, 100 and 150 mg caps. Primarily used for chronic pain so fast acting. Not like an anti depressant where your counting days for results and effect to kick in!

willv91
04-22-2013, 12:44 PM
It comes in 50, 100 and 150 mg caps. Primarily used for chronic pain so fast acting. Not like an anti depressant where your counting days for results and effect to kick in!

I have been on this medication for 5 days now but haven't noticed any improvement with the anxiety. Is it too early?

maria.g
04-22-2013, 12:56 PM
They should have had an impact by now but everything's relative. Doctors seem to use or prefer them over the Valium and Xanax (benzodiazepines) for long term use.