PDA

View Full Version : Prison Sentence

stokie60
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Can anyone help me, Im soon to be sentenced, and expecting a prison sentence, and worried about how I will cope, Anyone with any advice please ?

maria.g
04-22-2013, 10:20 AM
An sure you will get help in prison. I would make a point of this to them and get every assistance and support possible.
Can you look into this before sentence? There are prison chaplains who are also a good source of help in a lot of cases.
Best of luck.

Moonstone
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey there,
Sorry to hear about your situation. My son probably wiLl be lookinG at the samEthing. Right now he's on house arrest/bail with us and hasa 10:00 pm curfew. He has never been in the adult prison system and I am stRessed to the max over it. So I do truly feel for you!

Do U have family support? The prison chaplain is a good idea. If my son is charged, I will be sure to let him know about that and anything else I learn from your thread.

Do you know how long your sentance will be?
Are you on any meds like Ativan or Xanax?
It might be a good idea to get prescribed those before you go in, as that may help you deal in prison.

Also I know that AA and NA go into the prison system,and it would help going as they help give tools to help deal with stress etc and most that go in have been in jail or prison themselves before.

Anyway I'll check back with you a little later :)

alankay
04-22-2013, 11:30 AM
It's a medical condition so advise them of that. Alankay