PDA

View Full Version : New guy, cant sleep

Olly Eltherington
04-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi there,
I am a university student who as recently developed anxiety. I get the begginings of it when I am about to go to bed. When I am in bed I fear for going to sleep due to being scared that I will have another panic attack. Although I do not always have panic attacks It does take me a long time to get to sleep now due to fear. I now sleep with the light on to aid my recovery but I still do not know how to deal with this problem. It is putting strain on my life, my studies and my girlfriend who has helped me no end. I seem to only get this problem in my room at uni aswell as I have not had the same problem at home, on a trip or round my girlfriends.

I am very appreciative and any help is great. Even if it is just someone to talk with.

thank you

Oliver Eltherington

streakybacon
04-21-2013, 06:14 PM
I sometimes get those feelings, when they start i find it best to get out of bed and go in a different room 4 a while cuz it usually gets worse if I just lay there.

Lin
04-21-2013, 06:22 PM
It I is horrid not sleeping all our worries seem much worse at night. I have moved into separate room from my husband so can read or talk on forum whilst not disturbing him. Always try to stay in bed but usually end up downstairs and no more sleep. Had knee operations recently and they ache worse at night in bed.
Have you tried getting some exercise every day, especially walking outside? Or meditation tapes or on your own? These help you to sleep and relax you.
I have sleeping tables but still not work if I have something worrying me. Psychiatrist prescribed hem immediately because so important to sleep regularly..
Not meant to stimulate your brain during night with TV or good book but something boring and slow like a boring book or newspaper.
Also wrote down anything worried about and meant to get rid of worry from your head.
Also meant to establish s pattern of going to bed same time evey day and getting up same time every day.
So lots good advice, just wish it would work for me every night!

Olly Eltherington
04-22-2013, 03:15 AM
This is great advice. I shall start doing each of these methods.
It is a Shame it does not work for you very well. I finally slept at around 3am
could not sleep as I felt so awake even though I was tired. Oh well.
Thank you Streakybacon and Lin

nicolecnn99
04-22-2013, 03:22 AM
How abt if someone has anxiety in the morning once u wake up ur heart starts racing and u cant stop it