PDA

View Full Version : Noob here, hello. Still anxious. Been on citalopram for a year and a half.

ranknfile
04-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi there,
Glad I decided to join the forum, seems like it may help. I'm a 30 y.o. male, finally decided to try citalopram a year or so ago, and it works here and there...no side effects really. Just seems it doesn't always help. I definitely would appreciate some perspectives/advice, here goes:

- I smoke pot daily (I enjoy it, self medicate with it...treat it more like a beer after work so don't think I'm fried out all day) Anyone think that may have something to do with the anxiety I still seem to have? Canceling out citalopram?
- Some of the anxiety I have is about social situations: meeting new people, feelings of self-consciousness.
- I'm an artist and musician yet I have major fears/anxiety about starting something new or just sitting down and sketching/practicing. I'll spend a whole day thinking about it doing it and watching the clock while doing so, yet it won't happen. I'd say 4 out of 7 days I feel like this. Thoughts?

Or am I lazy worthless procrastinator?

Hopefully I didn't just waste anyone's time.

Sincerely,
p

davelenn
04-21-2013, 05:55 PM
I have smoked pot several times in my life. The times I have it gave me terrible panic attacks. So it may be the pot. A pharmacist told me one time that when we take any medication that our liver builds up enzymes to start getting the medication out of our system. Therefore the medications are not as effective when we first begin them. This may be what is happening with you and the pot. You are having a panic attack due to the enzymes getting rid of the pot.
I would go ask your doc for an SSRI antidepressant. This will help with the social anxiety and procrastinating.
In addition I would also ask for a benzo. This will help with nerves.

streakybacon
04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Try toking on strains that are more indica dominant I find it would help ease the anxiety. But its all about personal preferences I spose. I was on citalopram 4 a while but quit taking it cause it didnt really help n I was getin nasty side effects so im meds free at the min.

princesskj
04-21-2013, 06:40 PM
I smoked it like 13 yrs ago and it gave me the worst panic attack of my life!!! So a few years later I tried it again same effect. I think people with panic attacks it has a different effect on them. Most people it relaxes but not me. I would stay away

ranknfile
04-21-2013, 06:59 PM
I appreciate the advice...I should have been more clear about the pot use. Overall whether its indica or sativa(very productive when I smoke that) I'm fine. Just a little panic and paranoia here and there (which I attribute to the kind).
My anxiety/fear of being productive/social situations usually occurs while sober. For example, I had a whole plan of biking, art, music today (toke free)...put it off, watched the clock and wasted yet another day. This happen to any of you? Thanks all.

-p

streakybacon
04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Yea happens alot I fink sometimes its as if I would put so much thought into what I have planned that I would get all wound up n axious as it gets closer to the time then just kinda crumble when I need to get goin. Getting out the door is the first step so breaking the day up into lots of little baby steps instead of lookin at one big picture can sometimes make things a bit easier.

Lin
04-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Never smoked anything so no advice on that, but there are so many tablets out there to help, that if you think one not helping then I would ask to try something else. They all give different people such different side effects or work or not work for people, that it is worth trying something else if can.