PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Making Me Crazy

Taurphine
04-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Hey guys I got stupid anxiety issues involving health. I have a history of heart problems and my doctor a couple of weeks ago measured my oxygen saying it was a little low. That was a trigger for my anxiety! I don't have ins yet to get blood work and been going crazy over this ever since... Someone please help me relax.

davelenn
04-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Your oxygen levels were a little low? What is a little low? How did he determine that ? Did he do it with a pulse oximeter? If he did those can be inaccurate. Some are worthless. In addition some factors can skew the pulse odometer results. Being too tight. Not put on tight enough or improproperly. Nail polish also can also affect it.
My mother had dental surgery once. They gave her Valium to relax her. Her oxygen dropped. I told her to take a deep breath and the oxygen came back up immediately.
I hope this helps. I was an anesthesia technician for 18 years

Taurphine
04-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Wow was a great reply especially from a tech. I was also nervous that day bc I thought I had bronchitis or something bc I was coughing a lot. Maybe my nervousness could have also been a factor to the low number? Idk what the number was I didn't c and he didn't tell me.