PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Long Term Anxiety

michaeljitters
04-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael. I typically have always been a laid back person and have been able to take the heavy swings life deals us standing.

On monday, I woke up with my heart racing. I couldn't go back to sleep. I burst into tears. I've never felt that way. Then, I thought it was temporary. As of today this feeling hasn't gone away and it's affecting my life, I can't do anything with my family.

It has to do with financial stress, I know it does, but my dad has even offered to give me some money to help get by on monday, a decent amount, and I still feel anxious as all hell.

I've cried. Never once in my adult life have I cried and yet this week I've cried as much as I did as a child.

Today I'm going to try to see a walk in clinic before my insurance from my previous job ends. There will be one month where I'm uninsured, so I need to make this count.

What do I do? What if they don't give me anything that helps? My heart is just pounding my chest and I'm desperately looking for some kind of relief from it. I've tried natural supplements like kava and melatonin but I feel like they stopped working. Right now I'm trying some white noise therapy.

I'm not sure what I'm expecting from this post.. but I feel like maybe if I talk to people who feel the same way, I might feel better.

sharacel91
04-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Maybe some hypnotherapy I found it help slightly with the anxiety and I can control it better now as well. I get racing heart all the time along with chest pains it's awful and I totally feel for you.