Ok so I was doing good

Now I'm not

I've noticed a batch red spots inside my cheek, arghhhhh

Noooo I didn't want this, I thought it was over

Anyone have trauma in their mouth?

randomanxiety
04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi Jay,
sometimes when I have a rough night I chew the inside of my mouth, I have even broken a tooth before from grinding them from stress! I understand how you feel, I too am suffing from a relapse!
I was doing really well with my anxiety/panic attacks. I even went on long road trip with my family! I did a six hour drive with minimal trouble that I was able to get through with breathing & distraction. I was feeling really proud of myself.
Then last night after I got home from work out of no where, I started feeling shortness of breath, and pain in the middle of my chest. Then my heart started to pound and the pain in my chest went into my teeth. Then the feeling of doom and gloom setteled in and I was gone. After lying on the bathroom floor for 1/2 an hour waiting for my mother to come and help me I decided to take 2 ativan, I have never given in and taken them before, I feel like I failed! I am still experiencing chest pain as I am writing this I feel so sad. I really thought I had turned a corner. This sucks

manz82
04-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Sorry to butt in, but how have you failed?

So you had a bad attack and decided to take a tab to help you through? So what?
First of all, you DECIDED to take the tablet - you wasn't forced, which means YOU took control. Yeah, you resorted to taking medicine once, but it was your decision and you are still alive, so what's so bad about that?
Relax, stop beating yourself up and carry on with your recovery - just chalk this one up as another fun adrenaline rush and say 'I beat the little fucker again, and I'll do it every time it happens in the future'. Xxx

NixonRulz
04-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Sorry to butt in, but how have you failed?

So you had a bad attack and decided to take a tab to help you through? So what?
First of all, you DECIDED to take the tablet - you wasn't forced, which means YOU took control. Yeah, you resorted to taking medicine once, but it was your decision and you are still alive, so what's so bad about that?
Relax, stop beating yourself up and carry on with your recovery - just chalk this one up as another fun adrenaline rush and say 'I beat the little fucker again, and I'll do it every time it happens in the future'. Xxx

This response is perfect. What you often think is a setback, later becomes a giant step forward

randomanxiety
04-20-2013, 01:02 PM
You know your right! I never really looked at it that way. I guess cause I am still in the fog of the attack.I should still look at it as a win, I did it, I Beat the panic!
Thanks so much for your positive attitude <3 I need to work on mine:)