PDA

View Full Version : Slowly going insane

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 04:34 PM
I swear I'm going to go insane my anxiety is just to much to handle sometimes. I just want it to go away and not be like a scared little girl. I'm afraid of so much and it sucks. The thinking just doesn't go away. Ugh!! I'm so over this crap!!

onebreathatatime
04-18-2013, 05:13 PM
I swear I'm going to go insane my anxiety is just to much to handle sometimes. I just want it to go away and not be like a scared little girl. I'm afraid of so much and it sucks. The thinking just doesn't go away. Ugh!! I'm so over this crap!!

I feel the same way as you, I'm always fearful of everything I do. I've become so tense I can feel it all over. Just standing up from sitting is sometimes painful. We need to keep pushing through though and we can do this. Are you on medication? What things have helped you to relax?

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm on Paxil and I'm going to get it uped when I go to the doctors tomorrow because its not strong enough. My therapist gave me some breathing to do and that helps sometimes. What about you?

onebreathatatime
04-18-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm on Paxil and I'm going to get it uped when I go to the doctors tomorrow because its not strong enough. My therapist gave me some breathing to do and that helps sometimes. What about you?

I'm on Prozac and was just upped to 20mg which makes me feel really weird inside. I use breathing techniques although I always catch myself holding my breath because I'm so tense. I take baths/showers a lot, read a lot, just try to do things that I enjoy and keep myself busy. It's all very difficult but I keep pushing through.

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 05:47 PM
It is very hard, some days are better than others. But when I have bad days they tend to be pretty bad. It's really hard. I just got a puppy so I watch him most of the day. I try to keep my mind off the anxiety but sometimes it just doesn't work.

onebreathatatime
04-18-2013, 05:59 PM
The puppy should help, I know when I'm having a bad day I turn to my dog and she helps me a lot. I try to focus on her and her needs. Do you try exercise to help? I try but I get heart palpitations so as soon as I feel it, I freak out and stop. I feel like my heart is just going to stop.

onebreathatatime
04-18-2013, 06:08 PM
It is very hard, some days are better than others. But when I have bad days they tend to be pretty bad. It's really hard. I just got a puppy so I watch him most of the day. I try to keep my mind off the anxiety but sometimes it just doesn't work.

The puppy should help :) my dog has been very helpful for my anxiety, I focus on her and what she needs. If you ever want to chat pm me!!!

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Same here :)

alankay
04-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Dogs are the best! :) Alankay

onebreathatatime
04-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Dogs are the best! :) Alankay

They are!!

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Yes they are. We have one family dog an now I have my puppy :)

princesskj
04-18-2013, 07:26 PM
What kind of puppy did you get?

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 07:27 PM
He's a beagle/boxer mix

princesskj
04-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Awwww I bet he's cute. I have a mastiff

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 07:54 PM
He's very adorable, he's only 6 weeks old

smoore
04-18-2013, 09:29 PM
It's so awesome to see that I'm not the only one who lives in fear everyday. But can I ask a question? What do y'all fear? I fear weird stuff! Like I'm so afraid I'm going to have a seizure bc I get weird head things which people tell me it's neck tension. Together we can get through this :)

Samantha34
04-18-2013, 09:45 PM
It's so awesome to see that I'm not the only one who lives in fear everyday. But can I ask a question? What do y'all fear? I fear weird stuff! Like I'm so afraid I'm going to have a seizure bc I get weird head things which people tell me it's neck tension. Together we can get through this :)

I'm afraid of contamination. I wash my hands a lot through out the day. I'm afraid of any kind of cleaner. I'm afraid of fertilizer almost anything you can think of that could be harmful I'm afraid of.

Alex010096
04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
We're all here with you. I'm afraid to speak to people around me. I'm afraid to reach out to my friends. I've isolated myself. I know that there are times when things are easier, and we all will get to them eventually. <3