PDA

View Full Version : Starting to feel better

jbevis
04-17-2013, 02:05 PM
So, I had been going through some really bad anxiety and depression the past few weeks. It had been controlled for years with 60mg citalopram. Then the fda released a statement that doses over 40mg can cause heart problems so my dose was lowered. A few weeks later I realized that dose want going to be enough for me. It started with panic attacks, the full body heat, tingles, racing heart, feeling of doom etc. Then became a constant feeling of anxiety, and then the depression. Two weeks ago I got put on 75mg of generic Effexor and lorazapam daily to help me through. The forest week was terrible. I kept feeling worse and worse. As of yesterday though I can feel a change. I'm not as anxious, and when I am its at such a low level I can deal. I'm still taking the lorazapam so I'm in no way completely better, and there is still a long road ahead of me. The difference is I can see the light now and I hope I continue to improve. My point is that it is not hopeless. And I hope that my experience can give some of you guys hope too. Also, wish me luck that I continue to get better!

jbevis
04-17-2013, 02:06 PM
First, not forest .....

Lin
04-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Sounds like really good news and something positive for you to build on. Any chink of hope is good - well done, and i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that it continues. Don't forget to not let the odd bad day set you back, you will get them, but still sounds like you will be able to get over them and continue upwards x

jbevis
04-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks Lin! How are you doing?

Lin
04-17-2013, 04:53 PM
OK had a worrying day yesterday but in end insurance company agreed I can have a small gynae operation next tues which should help me lots. Met new nurse support today and think he is gong to be better, so just hoping all these things come together and I get that chink of light again soon.

jbevis
04-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Sounds like things could be getting better for you too!

Lin
04-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Yes if it all comes together and my tablets start to work too I could at last start feeling better and get some of my life back again at last. My husband really needs some relief after living with it/me for 2 years.