PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft Side Effects

gracejack
04-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi,

I have been on Zoloft in the past, yet cannot recall the exact side effects. I started again on 25mg a few weeks ago and last week upped it to 50mg. I feel achy and have been having muscle twitches. My hands are a little achy, like my fingertips too. Tingling in one foot. I am not sure if this is med related or anxiety related..or my biggest fear, disease related. I was just wondering what effects anyone else has had.
Thanks!

vicky
04-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi, I have been on Zoloft 2.5 months and I have had this. Like you though I'm not sure whether this is med or anxiety related. I have also developed a permanently stiff hand, I carry a 1 year old around with this arm and I believe the meds are making me more sensitive to this as I feel a bit of aching and pains in my joints too. Also numbness in the hands. I've posted today about headaches as I seem to have had a lot of these since being on Zoloft.

gracejack
04-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the reply!
That's so interesting bc I feel more stiff too in my hands. Mainly in the pinky and ring finger area. From what i looked up, its the ulnar nerve and I also feel like I've been sleeping with clenched hands and waking up with them asleep, so perhaps that add to it too. I also carry a heavy 2 yr old and have just been feeling older and more achy. The muscle twitches in my legs freak me out. I have also lost weight before starting zoloft which further leads me to think something else is going on. I hate this, but i am really trying to get out of it. I don't have headaches, yet have a sensation on the back of my head.

vicky
04-17-2013, 09:30 AM
You've made me feel better too! I keep telling myself that certain things must be the meds as its only happened since then, but it doesn't stop you wondering! Yes def had lots of funny things in the hands. I also get joint pain at the tops of my legs when walking since starting Zoloft, told the doc I think I have a tumour that is pressing on a nerve, he thinks I'm nuts! Might see about changing meds though, can live with the other things but the headaches are now getting me down.

gracejack
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi, When my daughter was closer to one, I used to carry her w one arm as well, always the left side and my shoulder muscles were much higher on that side than the other. My nuero thought some sensations on my face were due to those tight muscles and sent me to physical therapy. I think my let and feet muscle twitches are freaking me out and I feel like every day I have more and more symptoms. I go to the actual psych tomorrow and I am going to ask them. My primary care guy has no clue about these meds.

vicky
04-18-2013, 06:59 AM
Let me know how you get on. Been to the docs today but he's not interested in any 'symptoms' anymore. He booked me in to see a therapist in a couple of weeks which is what I wanted so I'm sure I'll bring it up with them then. Stiff left hand, tingly right hand, headaches, lol. Good luck.