PDA

View Full Version : Magical thinking

okatherine
04-16-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm 16 and lately I've been really worried about death and dying. I feel like I'm gonna die any second. I'm afraid to eat or drink (worried the food is poisoned) , to fly in an airplane, etc.
I think that if I make myself not worry about dying, then I will die.
So if I tell myself the odds of getting in a plane crash are so extremely rare and not worth worrying about, I think "it's a one in a million chance, but that doesn't mean it's impossible and now it's definitely going to happen to me!"

PanicCured
04-16-2013, 08:14 PM
You are not going to die. Your feelings are not real. Your thoughts are not real. You are being fooled by your brain and you are being bluffed. All these thoughts are bullshit. You are not psychic, you have no idea of your future and you have no magical abilities like this. Now what you need to do is work on getting yourself out of this whirlpool of bullshit thoughts and feelings. I suggest finding a professional such as a psychologist who specializes in obsessive thoughts and anxiety and tell this person everything. Understand these obsessive thoughts are not real. Let them pass. Do not attach to them. Man up and face your fears. I am serious. Man up and be strong and face them. You can't die from fear. Just go right to the fear and face it. Don't follow these bad thoughts. Let them pass.

These are not all you can do but some things you can do. Either way, you have to work on getting better.