PDA

View Full Version : Making a change

princesskj
04-16-2013, 08:38 AM
So today I woke up decided to quit smoking. Went to the store got a nicotine patch. I didn't realize how expensive it's going to be $40 every 2 weeks for 8 weeks. But hey my health will improve and smoking causes anxiety. I'm going to try it and hope I can do it. My anxiety has been high this morning ;-/

sazco
04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Good job if you need to talk i have kik i quit a month ago but just started up again today. I'm about to post why in a new thread. I support your decision you'll feel a lot better afterwards.

NixonRulz
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
I commend you for quitting smoking. I did it years ago and proved difficult

If I may make a suggestion to you

If you have been very anxious lately, probably not the best time to quit

It will be very stressful for the first few weeks quitting.

Once you get yourself a little more relaxed, then take on a difficult task.

Just my opinion since I tried it while going through a pretty high stress time. It didn't turn out so well

I wish you the best of luck whenever you give it a go.

jknuckles
04-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi PrincessKJ,

I commend your decision. I used to be a sufferer but now live a happy and purposeful life.

Yes quitting smoking will definitely improve your health. What I would advise you though is that when you feel anxious, acknowledge your feeling but do not let it hamper your activities.

Anxiety is only as powerful as the power you give it. It is just a habit and once your body gets accustomed to doing things regardless of what you are feeling, your anxiety levels will adjust itself accordingly.

Please also do not stress yourself that you are feeling anxious. Just let it be and live life as if you're not feeling the condition. I know it sounds daunting but please feel assured that it will work. It took me more than 10 years to find the solution and I never looked back.

All the best

princesskj
04-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Thank you all

princesskj
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
My kik username is princessk1979

princesskj
04-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Nixonrulz I do feel like I need one already with this anxiety. I did pick a bad time to quit but I also have bronchitis ;(

alfred24
04-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Why don't you try vaping? The nicotine is was causes the anxiety isn't it? Nicotine is a stimulant and with anxiety causing you to have an over sensitive CNS the effects of that stimulant cause you to become anxious. So I'm not sure if the patch is the solution because you're still putting nicotine in your system.

princesskj
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
What is vaping? I figured I'd be putting nicotine in my body thru cigs anyway so why not try the patch. I'm going to try to do it only 1/2 the time and not 6 weeks. I wasn't really a heavy smoker so it might work

Lin
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Well done for making the decision, hope it goes well. I was lucky never to have started smoking, but some of my family do, and I know how hard it is to decide to stop, let alone actually stop. So I hope you the best of luck, lots of willpower, and you will do it.

princesskj
04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Thank you Lin :)

NixonRulz
04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Vaping is electronic cigarettes

You can get all kinds of nicotine levels to none at all. You get nicotine without cancer

I have a friend that uses the V2. She said it is the best and tastes like real cigarettes

Maybe a good first step for you

princesskj
04-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Oh ok I did see those. Wasn't sure if they were as effective. If this doesn't work ill try that

princesskj
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
I had to take it off was having panic attacks:-/

NixonRulz
04-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Try again in a few weeks

Heal your mind a bit first.

princesskj
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm not giving up just yet! Will try again tomorrow

abartlett331
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Good for you. I also experienced a lot of anxiety from smoking. That was one of the main reasons I quit. Keep us updated on your progress and best of luck to you.. :)

princesskj
04-16-2013, 01:30 PM
I will thank you ;)

jbevis
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
I quit smoking 5 years ago with the help of commit lozenges. It's hard to do but your body and lungs willc thank you. So glad I quit. Good luck to you!

princesskj
04-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Well I started again ;( going to try again next week ;)