PDA

View Full Version : Happily Terrified?

raggamuffin
04-15-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm test drivnig a car tomorrow. Alas the last time I drove far form home I got very anxious. It used to happen a lot when driving to pick up and drop off my ex. Thankfully this journey is only 40 minutes and I know it's best not to associate anything bad with a future event.

I'm also worried because this is the first automatic car i've ever driven.

I've decided to treat myself to one more silly car before I grow up and buy a sensible car. I'm positive i'll buy it tomorrow provided it runs smoothly.

It's a 4 litre V8 Supercharged Jaguar with 400 horsepower. I think the power alone should get my adrenaline buzzing. With any luck though I'll feel in control of that rush (and the car) and it doesn't wind up making me feel very panicky.

Still....over all i'm excited. Very excited. I've wanted a V8 ever since I heard an old 60's Mustang roll out of the garage my dad was collecting his car from. Granted, the jag will be a lot more subtle in terms of exhaust grumble, but it certainly won't be shy when it comes to power.

Sorry, car banter might not be everyone's cup of tea but I wanted to get my thoughts down :0

Ed

MrsJ88
04-15-2013, 08:53 AM
I sometimes get anxiety when driving a ways from home so I turn on relaxing music and breathe. Hope you enjoy your test drive! How cool!

trinidiva
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Hey, that car sounds great!!!!! Relax and enjoy that test drive!!!!!

Lin
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Sounds like brill fun test driving a car like that. Think you should sit back and just enjoy!