PDA

View Full Version : Positive

princesskj
04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Woke up with this mindset...I'm going to beat anxiety today and NOT let it beat me ;) (let's hope it works) hope everyone is having a good morning

Lin
04-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Good luck princesskj hope you have a good day today and feel much better.

princesskj
04-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Thank you Lin I hope you have a good day as well. I'm going to get a massage today hoping to relax some

Lin
04-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Massage sounds a brill idea. I had reflexology yesterday and it really helped me relax. Last night it made my whole body feel light, whereas it has been really heavy and low for the past week. Enjoy your massage and relax.

mander16
04-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Sounds Spectaular :)

Judie
04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Princes ski, You mention waking up with the mindset of " I am going to beat this anxiety" try instead to change your thoughts to something other then anxiety. By thinking about the Anxiety you give it power..Having thoughts like I am doing well, I don't feel shaky etc makes you focus on the anxiety. Whether you are having good thoughts or bad about anxiety by thinking about it you are in fact having thoughts of anxiety. Focus briefly on a very dismissive thought like" if I happen to have anxiety I will use my techniques to quiet it and then dismiss. Focus on other things and when thoughts of anxiety creep in, slam the door on those thoughts. Hear that door slam in your head, count by sets 7 from 100 to 1. Draw a doodle of a person, dog etc...focus on the art...anything not the anxiety. Hang in there !

princesskj
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM
I had to google that Lin lol That sounds like it works well too. At Mander I love getting massages haven't been in about a month been home a lot with panic attacks, but panic attacks or not IM GOING lol

princesskj
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Just for the record TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY! Now I'm laying in bed took my NyQuil got lavender burning in my wax burner going to turn on some relaxing music and hopefully get some ZZZZzzzz hopefully everyone has a good night ;) (and I hope I can sleep)

princesskj
04-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Thank you Judie. I've actually been trying to. I downloaded an app where it takes your mind off of it. It's been helping a little. Just taking it day by day but day 1 of my positive thinking has help (along with my massage). ;)

JP-MTL-31
04-16-2013, 12:15 AM
I am glad I had a good day to overall ;)

jessed03
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Woke up with this mindset...I'm going to beat anxiety today and NOT let it beat me ;) (let's hope it works) hope everyone is having a good morning

"I won't make it easy for you, but if you persist, you will beat me"

- Anxiety

princesskj
04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
It's getting me today;)

princesskj
04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
I meant ;(. Wrong smiley

Judie
04-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Princesskj, Oh I imagine that massage is amazing given that muscles in a person suffering with anxiety are always really tight. I find knots everywhere neck, shoulders, chest and even my biceps. I use a lot of IcyHot :) For anyone that can afford them massage is a great suggestion.

Judie
04-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Get an App for deep breathing and relaxation and put your phone beside you. I know, my anxiety is really trying to trip me up. It manifests NEW symptoms periodically to make me think it's something else. BUT trust me it is always when I react to symptoms and start thinking about it that it gets really bad...slam the door on that- picture a door slamming and actually hear the sound in your head. You can also wear an elastic band around your wrist and snap it at the first sign, this signals the brain to react to the pain and refocuses off of the Panic. Break your train up thought. No matter how miserable remember you are surviving this, because it's thoughts not disease :)