PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety because of my first work ever

PositiveThinking!
04-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Yeah so I'm gonna work for the first time in my life and I can't stop the anxiety, I'm waiting for a call that can happen at any minute to ask me to be there either today or tomorrow, and I just can't rest... I have absolutely no experience and I'm socially awkward when I don't feel comfortable with the people I'm with, any tips on how to cope with going to work for the first time?

PositiveThinking!
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Anyone? :(

mander16
04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Just try and think of it like it is a daily part of life, like school. It can be scary, but as you go try and put on a smile and get through it a minute at a time, you may find yourself meeting new people and friends! It will take a while to enjoy it, but you will.

PositiveThinking!
04-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Just try and think of it like it is a daily part of life, like school. It can be scary, but as you go try and put on a smile and get through it a minute at a time, you may find yourself meeting new people and friends! It will take a while to enjoy it, but you will.

Thanks, really hope so! :)

alankay
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
You're having Anticipatory Anxiety about this and it will work out if you just take one day at a time and don't rush. You'll learn the ropes if you apply yourself. Alankay

PositiveThinking!
04-15-2013, 10:17 AM
You're having Anticipatory Anxiety about this and it will work out if you just take one day at a time and don't rush. You'll learn the ropes if you apply yourself. Alankay

I guess so, thanks!