PDA

View Full Version : Help - a question about lexapro (escitalopram) and whether I should stay on it

DDW056
04-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Hello. I was recently prescribed Lexapro (10mg) 10 days ago. I have been prescribed it once before and took it for over a year and do not remember having these side effects. Since I started (10 days ago) my nausea has been pretty intense almost every day all day, I have had no appetite and my depression and anxiety have been worse (I have been going through a major depressive/anxiety episode for the past 2 months). I also seem to get this weird kind of high out of body like experience which of course gives me more anxiety.
I have been so miserable since I started taking the Lexapro and have been thinking about going off of it. I don't have a psychiatrist and a doctor and a free clinic is the one that prescribed me this medication, so I have no one I can call to talk to. I have heard from a few people that it gets worse before it gets better. Please anyone with experience or even an opinion would be very much apprecaited on whether I should tough this out or if they think I would be better off going off the meds and trying another approach... Most people say that the side effects go away within a weeks time, , but I am still experiencing mine... Thank you very much for anyone who responds.

jesikahlaine
04-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Hello. I was recently prescribed Lexapro (10mg) 10 days ago. I have been prescribed it once before and took it for over a year and do not remember having these side effects. Since I started (10 days ago) my nausea has been pretty intense almost every day all day, I have had no appetite and my depression and anxiety have been worse (I have been going through a major depressive/anxiety episode for the past 2 months). I also seem to get this weird kind of high out of body like experience which of course gives me more anxiety.
I have been so miserable since I started taking the Lexapro and have been thinking about going off of it. I don't have a psychiatrist and a doctor and a free clinic is the one that prescribed me this medication, so I have no one I can call to talk to. I have heard from a few people that it gets worse before it gets better. Please anyone with experience or even an opinion would be very much apprecaited on whether I should tough this out or if they think I would be better off going off the meds and trying another approach... Most people say that the side effects go away within a weeks time, , but I am still experiencing mine... Thank you very much for anyone who responds.

I know its hard :( i just took my 20th dose of my 1st ever anti-depressant/anxiety. Im on 50mgs Zoloft.
I didnt know my 1st day i would feel side effects i thought it was a gradual build up. But from the 1st day i felt nauseas, headache, lump in my throat, heartburn that couldnt be fixed by anything!, very tired but couldnt sleep, tight jaw & an over all feeling of dumbness?
I started taking them at night 10pm before bed & found i slept off the worse effects. Now i just get really vivid dreams & lots of them. My jaw is a bit tight too.
Some say 2 weeks for them to go away. But talk to ur dr if u really dont like it.
Im feeling a bit up & down at the moment but was told it can be like this for a couple weeks. Im better then i was before though.