PDA

View Full Version : Thought i'd share :)

CRS_145
04-14-2013, 04:04 PM
To cut it short and blunt, i'm in my teens and i suffer from severe anxiety. I'm currently calming down from a panic attack and since i can't sleep i thought it may be helpful to empty my thoughts on here.

I've always been an anxious person, i first suffered anxiety when i was 8 years old as I am a fearful flyer and would get an onset of anxiety and panic attacks in the weeks leading up holidays. Ever since a young age I feel as if i have a relationship with my mind, similar to a twin sibling or something of the sort. I constantly throw around thoughts in my minds and find it difficult to relax and slow my mind down.

I'm unsure to whether it is the effects of adolescence and the process of 'finding yourself' but i constantly switch personalities and image, feeling as if i am being judged by people and feeling as if i have to 'sell myself' to them in order to be accepted.

I'm in a constant battle with myself and find it hard to be my own person as i don't know what i want myself to be in peoples eyes.

Maybe it is the effects of social pressures and social networking sites as i feel that i always need to make my self look 'cool' or presentable on Twitter and Facebook so that people accept me.

Anyway, thanks for reading, just wanted to share that.

johnson2012
04-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Running thoughts has been tough for me at night. My head will run a million things, and I cant get any sleep.

I think one thing I have noticed in life, is that growing up is really hard. And if your not prepared for it, its gonna hurt. I wasnt. But I found its easier to manage if I dont focus on the big picture. Dont look towards my collage graduation, just get through the test today, or the competency, or maybe just the lecture. I still have the end result in my head, to know what Im working for, but its not the biggest thing in my mind. I like to set small goals that I can reach quickly, get some satisfaction, and set another goal.

Im not the best looking guy around, but I do work on my appearance. Not so much as to what other people think, but because when I look good, I feel good.