PDA

View Full Version : Hiatal hernia

amy09
04-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Hey I'm Amy and I'm 22 years old. Fairly active fairly thin 99 pounds 5'6 ft. I recently got an endoscopy because I've been experiencing acid reflux and trouble swallowing. My doctor said I have a hiatus hernia. I'm really scares and overwhelmed :( will it ever go away? Will I always have this? I already have trouble eating because I'm picky and very healthy plus I'm trying to gain weight. I don't feel anything but he said I have a tiny one. I'm only 22 I don't want to deal with this. Anyways he puts me on Prevacid for 2 months and so far it's working.
So for all you health worriers please help me. I know it's not that severe and you probably thinking I'm over reacting over a hernia but I'm scared. I don't want to google symptoms because I stopped doing that and I don't want to start up ever. Anyone who kinda knows about this or acid reflux?

Mohawk65
04-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Hey I'm Amy and I'm 22 years old. Fairly active fairly thin 99 pounds 5'6 ft. I recently got an endoscopy because I've been experiencing acid reflux and trouble swallowing. My doctor said I have a hiatus hernia. I'm really scares and overwhelmed :( will it ever go away? Will I always have this? I already have trouble eating because I'm picky and very healthy plus I'm trying to gain weight. I don't feel anything but he said I have a tiny one. I'm only 22 I don't want to deal with this. Anyways he puts me on Prevacid for 2 months and so far it's working.
So for all you health worriers please help me. I know it's not that severe and you probably thinking I'm over reacting over a hernia but I'm scared. I don't want to google symptoms because I stopped doing that and I don't want to start up ever. Anyone who kinda knows about this or acid reflux?

Hi Amy, I have the same thing. I had to have an endoscopy and was diagnosed when I was about your age. Now I'm 47. When I was diagnosed with this, I had to watch my diet. No spicy food. Just bland foods for a while. Eventually, I forgot I even had this diagnosis. The bland diet will help ease things. Every once in a while I have to go back to a bland diet. I too became very worried when I was first diagnosed, but to tell you the truth, it has not been a problem. I wish you well. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.