PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about having diabetes

Blessed
04-13-2013, 08:38 AM
I know this is anxiety forum but I'm freaking out. My blood sugar levers have always been normal even on low side of normal. I tested this morning while eating a bacon cheese crossiant and a medium coke and it was 192!!!! Never ever seen it that high so I started drinking lots of water. Checked it 45 mins later it was 159. Checked it 20 minutes later it was 112. Checked it now which was 2 hours after eating it was 98. Please help me I'm a mess. I googled and everyone says oh u have diabetes get help right away?!?!?! I want to cry im so upset. Is it normal to spike to192 if u r not diabetic?!?!

jessed03
04-13-2013, 09:02 AM
It doesn't sound like you're diabetic if your blood sugar is usually on the low/normal side of things. Diabetes involves continuous levels of high blood sugar cos blood sugar can fluctuate. Mine went upto 12 MMOL a couple of weeks ago, I was also kinda panicking lol. I took it again a few hours later, it was back to 5.4MMOL. I don't always believe those little monitors are that accurate 100% of the time. I have a diabetic friend that said he gets weird readings from them when he knows he's fine. A couple of times now it's given me stupid readings.

M.C
04-13-2013, 09:41 AM
I ve diabetes in my family type 1

And I had gestational diabetes wen I was pregnant
i had 2 diet and take insulin injections too
After I had my baby it was gone
I do feel sometimes that I have it bcoz of my history
I urinate a lot I drink a lot I sweat a lot and I feel like fainting most of the times bcoz my sugar levels drop
I was tested and I don't have it
U should get a fasting blood test done so u no whether u have it or not