PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this problem?

ohaiicasper
04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
So I have social anxiety and depression and I find myself getting irritated at the littlest things like people reminding me of things that need doing or by simply repeating words or things. I find myself snapping abruptly and my mother calls me Jekyll and Hyde. It's just really annoying, does anyone else have thing problem and/or ways to stop it?

jbevis
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah I have problems with irritability too. Haven't figured or how to stop it though. Lucky for me I have an understanding family.

locksey
04-12-2013, 12:06 AM
I only have this wen I'm either gaving a panic attack or not feelin well ... I wil b irritable and snap at things

blondieqtpie
04-12-2013, 12:22 AM
It comes with anxiety issues I think. When its high for me I get more impatient. Have you been diagnose? Often people have more than one disorder and its not uncommon to have with anxiety: depression, bi polar, OCD, other mood disorders... Etc. I think identifying underlying causes can help to the solution. And all of these can lead to moodiness... I would say. It's not easy being so complicated :)

ohaiicasper
04-12-2013, 01:40 AM
My family is not so understanding and I've been threatened numerous times that they're going to kick me out because of me getting irritated so easily and snapping.
And yes I have social anxiety w/ co morbid depression I have been diagnosed and I'm currently in CBT.

Samantha34
04-12-2013, 02:07 AM
I get really irritable also. Since I got on Paxil it has helped a little with it but I can still snap at people. My boyfriend understood but it was also very hard for him as well. My dad use to repeat things to me and I would get so mad in a matter on seconds and then we would get into a fight. If you do things that make you happy it might help. I've been doing that and it has helped me.

blondieqtpie
04-12-2013, 02:16 AM
I've heard cbt to be soo good for anxiety. Keep trying to find what works for you

Lin
04-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Told this week about something called ACT - acceptance and commitment theory - i have ordered book The Happiness Trap by Russ Harrs, and downloaded information from website. Instead of CBT where learn to try to change your thoughts, this is where you accept your thoughtsvand work with them. Apparently works well with mindfulness.