PDA

View Full Version : Contamination?

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Does anyone else suffer from contamination anxiety or has suffered with it? I really need someone to talk to who has or had my symptoms and feelings with contamination.

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 04:20 PM
I know that it's silly but I can't help it because I just freak out every time I try and tell myself that its nothing I just freak out even more. No I haven't but I will now.

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 04:55 PM
I read it but don't quite get how to stop it. I'm going to therapy and I have medication. I try to get some exercise everyday as well.

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 08:54 PM
I know and I'm trying to not let them bother me but sometimes it's just touch to handle and I give in.

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 09:32 PM
My therapist gave me breathing exercises to do 10 to 15 times a day. She said that oxygen is anxieties enemy.

blondieqtpie
04-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Ok I have come to realize everything is contaminated in some way... It seems. Google what you hear and read ... Extensively if you must... But yeah I hear you. My OCD effects make me germaphobic and repetitive. Readjng what you fear can help. I've banned for eg Taco Bell for that reason. And limit my fast food options. It's Always better home cooked!!

Samantha34
04-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Ok I have come to realize everything is contaminated in some way... It seems. Google what you hear and read ... Extensively if you must... But yeah I hear you. My OCD effects make me germaphobic and repetitive. Readjng what you fear can help. I've banned for eg Taco Bell for that reason. And limit my fast food options. It's Always better home cooked!!

Thanks I will read what I fear. I know that everything is contaminated in some way my boyfriend reminds me of that every time. It's just hard when it has gotten this bad. I should know that if other people use it or whatever and don't wash there hands that I can too. But I can't I am always washing my hands all the time. It's ridiculous and I know it is but I can't help it.

blondieqtpie
04-12-2013, 02:14 AM
I would say not fear but be aware. Over stressing on this won't help. Be aware and Informed.

Samantha34
04-12-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks that helps :) I wi have to do some research later today.