PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

stephanie21
04-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Okay so I'm obsessed with my health
That's what I constantly have anxiety about
But I'm happy to write its been about a month since I've had an attack about my health an I feel really good! :)
But now I'm having such awful anxiety about there being a huge earthquake an not being able to save my baby an we all get hurt
I don't know why 100000 what ifs go through my head but they do an I can't control it
I'm literally in bed scared to fall asleep because I'm scared there's going to be a earthquake
I never ever think about this kind of stuff I want this to go away :( it's like the health anxiety is slowly going away now I'm having anxiety about something new this is awful

jesikahlaine
04-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Okay so I'm obsessed with my health
That's what I constantly have anxiety about
But I'm happy to write its been about a month since I've had an attack about my health an I feel really good! :)
But now I'm having such awful anxiety about there being a huge earthquake an not being able to save my baby an we all get hurt
I don't know why 100000 what ifs go through my head but they do an I can't control it
I'm literally in bed scared to fall asleep because I'm scared there's going to be a earthquake
I never ever think about this kind of stuff I want this to go away :( it's like the health anxiety is slowly going away now I'm having anxiety about something new this is awful

Poor thing... i used to go to bed and think of a hundred things that could happen bad to my daughter. Id shake my head and be like why are you seeing these things go away ! My therapist said its obsessive catastrophic thinking. Im telling myself stop worrying about the things you cannot change.
I also had health anxiety still do but has settled a bit now.

alankay
04-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Are on talking to a therapist or on any meds to help with this? Alankay

NixonRulz
04-11-2013, 06:50 AM
It's weird what thoughts we choose to obsess about.

Not many earthquakes where I live but was in California a few times and felt them.

I would be thinking of tsunamis when I was at the beach.

I go to a bunch of different beaches each year so it was a pretty constant thing.

Once I got past all my anxiety issues, I realized how ridiculous they were.

I completely understand your frustration but soon enough, you will be laughing about this.

stephanie21
04-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Are on talking to a therapist or on any meds to help with this? Alankay

No I'm not taking anything due to my fear of medicine an side effects..... I was seeing a therapist but all the therapist did was try an convince me to take meds instead of helping me

stephanie21
04-11-2013, 11:33 PM
It's weird what thoughts we choose to obsess about.

Not many earthquakes where I live but was in California a few times and felt them.

I would be thinking of tsunamis when I was at the beach.

I go to a bunch of different beaches each year so it was a pretty constant thing.

Once I got past all my anxiety issues, I realized how ridiculous they were.

I completely understand your frustration but soon enough, you will be laughing about this.

I know I already do laugh but at the same time I'm still worried... My friend invited me to the beach a week ago an my reply to her was no thankyou I'm scared of tsunamis and when I read the text I laughed at myself so hard an she then called me an asked if I was being serious an i was! Earthquakes an tsunamis are so scary to me an its 2 things I def worry about I have to control my thinking