PDA

View Full Version : Dysthymia

ikilledadragon
04-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Does anybody else have Dysthymia? Or low grade depression?

I do and recently I was doing just fine for a couple months. Starting last week, I have a nagging sadness that does go away when I am fully immersed in some activity but will certainly come back after said activity ends. I don't know what to do. I can't distract myself all the time. I have been eating badly as a result. And I don't feel like doing anything. I also feel like my sleep is suffering. I wish I didn't have to constantly manage my mood with exercise and meditation. Also, the sadness is so persistent that it is making me outwardly angry. I become very irritable at some things.

alankay
04-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Have you tried the supplement 5-HTP from a health food store? High dose fish oil is also worth asking your doc about. Just a couple ideas. Alankay

ikilledadragon
04-10-2013, 07:34 PM
I am taking a low dose of fish oil daily. Anything more makes me fish burp. 5htp is an interesting suggestion I have yet to try.

ikilledadragon
04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Actually, I took a nap after posting this and I'm feeling much better.

Lin
04-10-2013, 11:39 PM
I know exactly how you feel I have got clinical depression and anxiety and my head just explodes at times and I scream and shout and can't control myself. I get so fed up with the pressure in my head all the time with home life and work, that I can't stand it. I do meditation and lots of techniques been taught, but at times still explode.