PDA

View Full Version : Feel like something is about to happen

ry1987
04-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Today has been a weird day for me. I've spent 96 percent of it with the constant worry and paranoia that something is about to happen at any second. I have constantly been on edge and listening to every little sound, every car that drives by. It's so un nerving. I couldn't even put my head phones on to listen to music out of fear that something might happen and I won't hear it. It feels so scary. I miss the days when my soul was free and I could do anything without being scared.

Lin
04-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Sounds like you were very anxious all day and almost had a panic attack all day. You need to learn some techniques to calm down. I use meditation and it is really good. It doesn't have to be complicated, just sitting quite and concentrating on your breathing slows your brain and breathing down which helps.

jesikahlaine
04-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Today has been a weird day for me. I've spent 96 percent of it with the constant worry and paranoia that something is about to happen at any second. I have constantly been on edge and listening to every little sound, every car that drives by. It's so un nerving. I couldn't even put my head phones on to listen to music out of fear that something might happen and I won't hear it. It feels so scary. I miss the days when my soul was free and I could do anything without being scared.

After starting medication for anxiety & panic disorder that had taken control of my life i have calmed down a lot. But still feel that feeling of ... on edge, nervousness. If someone was to jump out at me id probably faint. But with help from therapy & some meds im now most times able to talk myself & breathe my way out of it before it becomes too serious.