PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, but a veteran when it comes to anxiety

roadrunnerh
04-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Harry (roadrunner"h") and I have been dealing with anxiety my whole life. My anxiety usually revolves around having a fear of a heart attack. When I get all anxious, I start feeling my pulse, wondering if I am having a heart attack, wonder if I am breathing enough, etc.
It's kind of embarassing to admit it here, but I hope to get some support here and offer some when I can. I don't always feel anxious. Since around 2000 I have been taking Zoloft 100mg daily and Ativan 0.5mg as needed. I only take the Ativan maybe once a week if that. I am fearful about becoming addicted, lol. The Zoloft helps, but I still struggle at times.
I have a full time job, hobbies like classic cars, playing the drums, and working with my hands. I try not to let the anxiety control me, but at times it's a tough road. I wish I could be care-free, and not worry so much so often. Anyways, enough about me, I look forward to meeting some of you. Thanks!
Harry

jbevis
04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi Harry, I've been on this forum for about a week and I have found a great support system. I've suffered from anxiety and depression for almost 15 years. I had been doing very well until recently when my anxiety started getting bad again. In the past two weeks I've had a brain tumor, meningitis, an anyerisym, heart problems and more ... (not really of course but in my mind). I'm currently trying to get back on track with new meds but it's a slow ... anxious ... process. Good luck to you and I hope the forum helps you as well.

Lin
04-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Hi Harry I ave been on the forum only a few weeks but already made friends with some really nice people who have helped me lots. I have clinical depression and anxiety following a hormone imbalance since March 2011. This episode is still lasting and even after 7 weeks in hospital in 2011 I am still trying to get hormone tablets and anti depressants which will work. Hadpost natal depression many times over the past 28 years and each time the depression gets worse and this time my body won't accept any of the antidepressants I have had before and has rejected the two main groups of anti depressants. Just started on a new one on the market and keeping my fingers crossed. I have a full time pressurised job and I find it really hard to act normal every day at work so that my home life and social life suffers.