PDA

View Full Version : Head Jerk/Twitch/Jerk -- Please help ---

Nick Cabral
04-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone im new on this, My names Nick im 18 years old and from the east cost. Recently for about a few weeks now ive had this god awful head jerk/twitch and it happens about every 10-30 seconds, it is almost unbearable and it really uncomfortable to live with, Im often in pain cause of it and im worried it may be something severe, I was wondering if anyone else suffers from this? I consider myself one of the few with really severe anxiety i often think i have the worst anxiety out of most people in my city , Please help i need to talk to others like me, i currently got prescribed celexa about 2 weeks ago and its doing nothing to me

jbevis
04-09-2013, 07:20 PM
I would call your doctor to rule out anything medical. Otherwise it's probably just your anxiety.

Nick Cabral
04-09-2013, 07:42 PM
I had this same twitch /jerk about 5 years ago aswell

Daver
04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Under what situations? I had them years ago but they came back just recently. Mine are usually associated with specific situations like when I feel a panic attack coming on in a meeting, etc. My neck muscles would tighten up and want to spaz and fighting it seemed to make it worse. After the meeting or wherever it would go away for the most part even though the muscles in my neck were still tight. This is somewhat common from what I have read.

Nick Cabral
04-09-2013, 08:33 PM
they usually happen from the minute i wake up until i go asleep...it is unbareable and not worth living like this

Daver
04-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Sounds like the doc should check you out then if you haven't gone already. I wonder if something as simple as a pinched nerve could be the problem. I get those from time to time and they're very uncomfortable. But two seperate issues in my case.