PDA

View Full Version : Jaw tightness/clenching

Raptomex
04-08-2013, 04:31 PM
As some of you may know last week I posted about head pressure. The good news is I've pretty much accepted the fact it's nothing serious since I show no real symptoms of anything and goes away when I focus on something else. However I notice during the mid to end of each day my jaw/lower mouth feels weird. Not really pain just like I need to keep my mouth open or something. Like it's been clenched for hours or something. When I wake up it doesn't feel this way. I can swallow fine, I can eat fine, I can speak fine. I haven't been grinding my teeth. Anyone else have this?

indiana
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
It's anxiety and stress which makes you tense your jaw. You need to relax your jaw and do exercises. I have read somewhere that no matter how many exercises you do, as long as your anxiety persists it can stay in the jaw. First you have to realize that you tense your jaw all day (and what the stressors are)and then consciously relax it. I am currently reading books by John Sarno. Interesting theory about tension (pain) in lower back, neck, shoulder, head (TMJ).

Raptomex
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe that's what was causing my head pressure as well.

princesskj
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Google the 100 symptoms of panic attacks/ anxiety you be amazed

Raptomex
04-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Yeah I know. The mind is an incredible thing.

Lin
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
I know someone else who had been clenching their teeth and not realised it. When she realised and tried hard not to do it at all, she felt much better. Her's was from anxiety.

Raptomex
04-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Today has been pretty good. I've been consiously relaxing my jaw. And my head pressure is dying down. I guess because of it. It's somewhat relieving.

locksey
04-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I clench my jaws sumtimes soooo hard I get head pain / jaw ache etc .... I bought a gum guard and after sumtime I stopped it and haven't dun it for a long time now but this week I woke up in the nite bcz was clenching my teeth and it was hurting .. This has happened for last few nites