PDA

View Full Version : How do I open up?

captainkitty
04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
I have bee seeing my counselor for a few months now and it wasn't until now I've realized I can never get the right help I need unless I can fully open up to her. I do explain to her my feelings, or how bad of a week I had but it is usually nothing more than that.. I've always had a hard time letting out my feelings to people - my family, my partner, any one. She insisted at the next visit I just "vent" to her my feelings and she'll listen all the way through. As much as I want to just vent, I know I will not feel comfortable doing it. I know I will hold back a lot. I just feel like she won't understand and I will waste my time (as stupid as it sounds) I'm not confident in myself and she picked that up right away. I'm tired of just going and making it seem like everything is okay but in reality it has been difficult, of course not always, but I do have some pretty terrible days. So my question is - how do I start 'feeling comfortable' about releasing my emotions, anxieties, fears to her?

locksey
04-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Can't u maybe write things dwn then take this to yr nex appointment and she then cud talk 2u about it which in return wil get u talkin :-/

Kellie
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I have bee seeing my counselor for a few months now and it wasn't until now I've realized I can never get the right help I need unless I can fully open up to her. I do explain to her my feelings, or how bad of a week I had but it is usually nothing more than that.. I've always had a hard time letting out my feelings to people - my family, my partner, any one. She insisted at the next visit I just "vent" to her my feelings and she'll listen all the way through. As much as I want to just vent, I know I will not feel comfortable doing it. I know I will hold back a lot. I just feel like she won't understand and I will waste my time (as stupid as it sounds) I'm not confident in myself and she picked that up right away. I'm tired of just going and making it seem like everything is okay but in reality it has been difficult, of course not always, but I do have some pretty terrible days. So my question is - how do I start 'feeling comfortable' about releasing my emotions, anxieties, fears to her?

I am going through exactly this, i started counselling about a month ago and i find it so hard to open up but i decided it was easier to write a diary or just write down what i feel. I havent been in two weeks and i like already a few pages of writing, i feel like he is doing most of the talking when i go. Hopefully it will get easier for you x

locksey
04-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I am going through exactly this, i started counselling about a month ago and i find it so hard to open up but i decided it was easier to write a diary or just write down what i feel. I havent been in two weeks and i like already a few pages of writing, i feel like he is doing most of the talking when i go. Hopefully it will get easier for you x

Are u in England ?

Kellie
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Are u in England ?

No, New Zealand.

alankay
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Yep... write it out. Alankay