PDA

View Full Version : Paxil CR FDA only drug approved for Social Anxiety Disorder

R8DRN8SHN
07-15-2007, 05:53 PM
OK so Im wondering if any of you have used Paxil CR and did it control your symptoms? I have read that it is the only FDA approved drug for Social Anxiety. Also, Ricky Williams suffered from Social Anxiety and he said with a combination of medication and therapy he start feeling like the real Ricky Williams. Did you or anyone you know have bad/good experiences with Paxil. If so please post them here!!! I AM 16 AND IM CONSIDERING USING PAXIL CR! IM TIRED OF THE BLUSHING AND THE HARD SWALLOWING WHEN GIRLS LOOK AT ME!

Robbed
07-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Everything I have seen and heard has convinced me that Paxil is the worst of the worst whenit comes to meds. A friend of mine has used it for OCD. And he suffered from side effects such as constant drowsiness (it is the most sedating SSRI there is), loss of coordination, slowing of reflexes (for these last two reasons, he often couldn't keep up with traffic on the road), and increased aggression. Do you even want to take the chance that you will suffer with these side effects FULL TIME so that you might have a chance that you can talk better with girls SOME OF THE TIME? I personally don't think it is a fair trade. Not to mention that the withdrawals from Paxil are the worst you are going to see from just about ANYTHING. In fact, I knew a girl that locked herself in a closet for a couple of days because the withdrawals were so bad. I just don't think you REALLY want to go there.

My advice? Find another way of dealing with this. Maybe see a therapist. Try talking to a friend or someone here on the board. Or maybe a self-help book might help you. But I would advise you t STAY AWAY from Paxil.

blur
07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
yeah.. itll be a while untill they come up with a treatment or a cure for social anxiety

R8DRN8SHN
07-17-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't know. I just dont want to live like this anymore. The whole turning red when Im in social situations and when girls look at me, ITS KILLING ME! I don't want it so I can be talking to girls. I want it to get a job and do the things I've always wanted to do. Like play football and stuff. Besides its not like Im gonna get layed when I talk to girls since Paxil causes Sexual Disfunction. Atleast thats what the doctor told me.