PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile

kasiejuhnay
04-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Hey everyone! :) My anxiety has been under control for the most part the past few months. I stopped taking birth control and noticed a huge difference. I recently started working third shift, it kicked my butt. I sat in the same spot for 8 hours straight, then came home and went straight to bed but was only able to sleep about 3 or 4 hours in the day time. I recently started having weakness in my hands and fingers. I freaked out to the point of having a friend call an ambulance the other day because i was convinced i was having a stroke. My hands become weak and I'm barely able to move my fingers during these "spells". When the ambulance showed up, I happened to have known the EMT. She took my blood pressure which was high but as we sat and talked she checked it again and it went down, as it did the weakness and numbness went away. She told me it was anxiety and we went on our way. That afternoon it happened again and almost all night at work. I have noticed its worse when I eat...to the point I get anxious. Today my right arm was tingling and numb for awhile and I have been quite tired lately. I start back on second shift tomorrow but I'm worried this is more than just anxiety. I have also had a sweet bitter taste in my mouth lately, but my uncle said due to a recent round of antibiotics he thinks it is thrush. Has anybody ever had these problems? When my hands get weak I immediately get anxious.

Lin
04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Sounds like it could be a form of panic attack so that when you shallow breath you get dizzy and tingling feelings. Try slowing your breathing down when it happens. Meditation for a few minutes just concentrating on your breathing really helps. However, if you have lots of symptoms I would see your GP and put your mind at rest.

locksey
04-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I've had tingly numb feelings b4 and freaked out over it but I was told anxiety ... It's amazing what a panic attack can actually cause yr body to do / feel ... No wonder we get scared do much & yet pple think its dun 4 attention or we putting it on