PDA

View Full Version : I feel crazy

stephanie21
04-08-2013, 12:07 AM
I had a evil spirited nightmare 3 nights in a row!
Now I'm scared to sleep tonight I'm over thinking having another nightmare but I can't control it.... It's making my anxiety 100000000X worse has this happened to anyone I need some peace of mind :( my anxiety is usually about my health not stuff like this :(

jessed03
04-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Yeah, bad dreams and scary nightmares are another expression of anxiety. Going to be in a bad headspace is often a recipe for poor sleep. I used to make sure my last 2 hours before bed every night were funny and positive. Even with terrible anxiety. I'd get my mobile phone (incase I died) go on the sofa, and watch some of my favourite light hearted shows. I tried to laugh a bit, and smile, or read something positive. Try and get some good stuff flowing through me.

I'd also sleep with the light on. This was sooo big for me! Light on, my nightmares reduced, they were less intense. My night anxiety was also reduced, as I didnt get caught up in that darkness causing me to space out a bit, and get caught up in panic attacks. I always felt I had more rational thinking in the light.

I don't know if you have any of those oils that have scent, they also improved my sleep quality a lot. Putting some lavendar or a nice scent near the bed relaxed me, and kept me relaxed through the night.

Finally, why not try some Progressive Muscle Relaxation, or a little meditation before bed to get into a relaxed zone.

Have a peaceful sleep! :)

stephanie21
04-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah, bad dreams and scary nightmares are another expression of anxiety. Going to be in a bad headspace is often a recipe for poor sleep. I used to make sure my last 2 hours before bed every night were funny and positive. Even with terrible anxiety. I'd get my mobile phone (incase I died) go on the sofa, and watch some of my favourite light hearted shows. I tried to laugh a bit, and smile, or read something positive. Try and get some good stuff flowing through me.

I'd also sleep with the light on. This was sooo big for me! Light on, my nightmares reduced, they were less intense. My night anxiety was also reduced, as I didnt get caught up in that darkness causing me to space out a bit, and get caught up in panic attacks. I always felt I had more rational thinking in the light.

I don't know if you have any of those oils that have scent, they also improved my sleep quality a lot. Putting some lavendar or a nice scent near the bed relaxed me, and kept me relaxed through the night.

Finally, why not try some Progressive Muscle Relaxation, or a little meditation before bed to get into a relaxed zone.

Have a peaceful sleep! :)

Thankyou for the reply :)
I slept with with my tv an light on an listened to music that made me happy.... I woke up feeling great an no nightmares! 😊