PDA

View Full Version : Help/advice please

DorsetGirl
04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Thought I would go for a walk today for some fresh air as I was feeling a little low.

I couldn't leave the house !

I tried but the panic took over and I ended up sat on the floor sobbing and shaking :(

I've taken my meds but now three hours later and I'm still really anxious and scared.

Anyone out there have any advice PLEASE ????

NixonRulz
04-07-2013, 01:02 PM
May I ask why when your panic sets in, you ended up on the floor crying?

locksey
04-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Thought I would go for a walk today for some fresh air as I was feeling a little low.

I couldn't leave the house !

I tried but the panic took over and I ended up sat on the floor sobbing and shaking :(

I've taken my meds but now three hours later and I'm still really anxious and scared.

Anyone out there have any advice PLEASE ????

Sry to hear ...I'd love to say " all the right " things and what u shud do etc but I knw how I wud b if I'd had an attack and even wen pple tell me what to do and I'll b ok etc etc it doesn't change how scared I am etc ...

How are u doin now ?

DorsetGirl
04-07-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't know why but my legs felt like jelly and I felt like I couldn't move

DorsetGirl
04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks Locksey, I've managed to do some deep breathing and I feel a little calmer but I'm still shaking and have head pain and chest tightness, but I know that's just the anxiety, I have never not been able to leave the house before and it's scared me. My partner is working so I cant call him and I felt so alone I thought this might help

NixonRulz
04-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Reason I ask is wanted to know if it was a reaction of your panic or you were just sad that it was happening

Go for a walk and if you feel the panic coming, take the damn panic for a walk with you

It will stop regardless of what what you do or don't do. So just go and let it fade while you are doing your thing

You know from experience that it won't hurt you. So don't change your routine because of what may happen

People that go through a panic attack and understand what it is, would never give a signal
To anyone around them what was going on.

locksey
04-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks Locksey, I've managed to do some deep breathing and I feel a little calmer but I'm still shaking and have head pain and chest tightness, but I know that's just the anxiety, I have never not been able to leave the house before and it's scared me. My partner is working so I cant call him and I felt so alone I thought this might help

Sum years bak I found it so hard to leave the house , the panic attacks got soooo bad , I had to giv up my managers job which I luved and eventually I didn't even want to wake up in the mornings as I knew what my day was goin to b like ... Attack after attack after attack ... It was the worse time ov my life ever , this went on 4 just under a year ... But Amen, I started getting better and back to " what I call my normal self " still struggle and have my boundaries / limits etc and have my off days and bin having a few ov them lately and left wrk early one day a few wks bak as had attack at wrk but I'm cool :-)

locksey
04-07-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't know why but my legs felt like jelly and I felt like I couldn't move

Yep ... Shaky/jelly legs like u bowt to fall over or they feel weak

locksey
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Reason I ask is wanted to know if it was a reaction of your panic or you were just sad that it was happening

Go for a walk and if you feel the panic coming, take the damn panic for a walk with you

It will stop regardless of what what you do or don't do. So just go and let it fade while you are doing your thing

You know from experience that it won't hurt you. So don't change your routine because of what may happen

People that go through a panic attack and understand what it is, would never give a signal
To anyone around them what was going on.

Loooooooooool...... U brought a smiles:-) to my face ... Take the panic 4a walk with u .... Loooooool

DorsetGirl
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I think a little bit of both. I get so frustrated that the panic seems to come with no good reason