PDA

View Full Version : Trouble sleeping!

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Does anyone else have ridiculous trouble sleeping?

I can never get straight to sleep, quite often wake up and feel like i'm having a heart attack, or wake up seeing things, i repeatedly think there's someone standing at the end of my bed when there isn't!

I've tried everything, sleeping pills, piriton, relaxation techniques, nothing works :(

locksey
04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Does anyone else have ridiculous trouble sleeping?

I can never get straight to sleep, quite often wake up and feel like i'm having a heart attack, or wake up seeing things, i repeatedly think there's someone standing at the end of my bed when there isn't!

I've tried everything, sleeping pills, piriton, relaxation techniques, nothing works :(

Hi ... Yeah , lately I have problems getting off 2 sleep and I get really frustrated as not even tired and now last few nites I've started clenching my teeth really bad and avnt dun that 4 sum time :-/

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm the same! It's like i'm scared that if i sleep i'll miss out on something! It's nice to talk with people who eon't judge or think i'm a freak!

locksey
04-05-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm the same! It's like i'm scared that if i sleep i'll miss out on something! It's nice to talk with people who eon't judge or think i'm a freak!

Looooool..... Yeah , it's hard to talk to pple or friends who say they understand but who truly dnt .... Sumtimes my head has so many thoughts in it it does my head in but I can't explain that to sumone

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah and they're silly, pointless thoughts! Like.... Who invented sand? Or i wonder how fast an ant can run! I think anxiety and intelligence are highly linked! :D

u4ea
04-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah and they're silly, pointless thoughts! Like.... Who invented sand? Or i wonder how fast an ant can run

That's funny - just the other night I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep for anything. I went to lay down on the coach and all these random thoughts began to run thrrough my head; similar to what you just mentioned - I was awake the rest of the night.

Funny thing - I wasn't anxious during that time; It wasn't a panic feeling, just an over active thought process....

blondebits83
04-06-2013, 12:18 AM
I completely understand, while i'm over thinking and analysing real things i'm mega anxious but when i have silly thoughts it's like a calming distraction!

Lin
04-06-2013, 05:58 AM
I find that I have one really bad night where no sleep at all and then if lucky a couple of good nights after. I take sleeping tablets and anti depressants at night which meant to make you sleep too. I try everything - meditation, essential oils, reading something boring etc etc but if going to be a bad night just can't stop it. Usually worse nights are when something on my mind I am worried about - tried writing it down like advised, but not helped. Just have to keep trying everything suggested and hope something helps.

alankay
04-06-2013, 07:31 AM
What pills have you tried? Alankay

acetone
04-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I think seeing and hearing things which are not there is called psychosis. If this is the case antipsychotics may help.

staffordwag
04-06-2013, 10:45 PM
My son just woke me up at 5am was sick I've sorted him out and settled him back to sleep now I can't sleep urrrrg this is typical

Brain won't stop thinking about the maybes !!

blondebits83
04-07-2013, 03:36 AM
I think seeing and hearing things which are not there is called psychosis. If this is the case antipsychotics may help.

What? I'm not psychotic! :/

blondebits83
04-07-2013, 03:37 AM
What pills have you tried? Alankay

I've had diazepam and temazepam! Hardly make a difference! I don't want to rely on pills to get to sleep though! Would rather deal with the issue than paper over it! :)

Lin
04-07-2013, 05:44 AM
My psychiatrist gives me Promethezine to sleep - it is just an anti hystemine, which people take for hayfever etc, so not addictive but has helped me sleep ever since I was ill. I was on two at night and worked, but just moved to one a night because my new anti depressant makes me sleep so don't need two any more.

blondebits83
04-07-2013, 10:57 AM
My psychiatrist gives me Promethezine to sleep - it is just an anti hystemine, which people take for hayfever etc, so not addictive but has helped me sleep ever since I was ill. I was on two at night and worked, but just moved to one a night because my new anti depressant makes me sleep so don't need two any more.

I've tried piriton, that's what i've found the best! Ab thankfully not addictive, i don't wanna rely on meds to sleep though! :)

kat_777
04-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I feel exactly the same way; I'm sorry the hear you're going through the same. I wish I could be more helpful, but this seems to be one of the biggest problems in my life lately too.

Just know, you're not alone. Try again tonight :)

blondebits83
04-07-2013, 02:10 PM
I've had a totally stress free, relaxing day! Wish me luck! :)

locksey
04-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I've had a totally stress free, relaxing day! Wish me luck! :)

That's gd :-)

Lin
04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Good luck, hope you sleep tonight.

alankay
04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Tamazepam would be better for sleep if the dose is enough.
I didn't see where you mentioned seeing or hearing anything. Funny how that got in there. Alankay