PDA

View Full Version : Hurting yrself

locksey
04-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Does / has anyone on here ever hurt themselves in anyway mayb due to panic disorder , frustration , anger or due to other things ?

janey
04-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Yes, most definitely. I haven't done it in a while since I take Zoloft now and that helps, but when I wasn't on medication at all and I got into panic attacks or anxiety attacks, at their peak I would punch myself, rip my hair, bang my head against the wall, threaten suicide and seriously contemplate it, scratch my face, etc....all while screaming and crying. Then I'd calm down after those peaks and just feel numb. Looking back at it, I must have looked like a lunatic. One time in the peak of an anxiety attack I had a full prescription bottle of 1mg xanax in my mouth because I wanted to put myself into a coma, but luckily someone was there when I did it and gagged me. Other times I would lock myself into the bathroom with a razor and try to psyche myself into doing it, but then I thought it would be very painful, so maybe I should take quite a few prescription pain killers first. I could never do it, and that's a good thing. One time I spent a whole day researching suicide and wanted to buy a carbon monoxide tank instead of using my car.

I don't think about those things at all now. :) Wouldn't dream of it. It's serious at the time, but so stupid when you look back on it.

locksey
04-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Yes, most definitely. I haven't done it in a while since I take Zoloft now and that helps, but when I wasn't on medication at all and I got into panic attacks or anxiety attacks, at their peak I would punch myself, rip my hair, bang my head against the wall, threaten suicide and seriously contemplate it, scratch my face, etc....all while screaming and crying. Then I'd calm down after those peaks and just feel numb. Looking back at it, I must have looked like a lunatic. One time in the peak of an anxiety attack I had a full prescription bottle of 1mg xanax in my mouth because I wanted to put myself into a coma, but luckily someone was there when I did it and gagged me. Other times I would lock myself into the bathroom with a razor and try to psyche myself into doing it, but then I thought it would be very painful, so maybe I should take quite a few prescription pain killers first. I could never do it, and that's a good thing. One time I spent a whole day researching suicide and wanted to buy a carbon monoxide tank instead of using my car.

I don't think about those things at all now. :) Wouldn't dream of it. It's serious at the time, but so stupid when you look back on it.

Yeah is silly I suppose :-/