PDA

View Full Version : New here

Samantha34
04-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Just found this and just looking for people to talk to who are going through the same thing I am.

locksey
04-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Just found this and just looking for people to talk to who are going through the same thing I am.

Hi, I joined about 3wks ago

Samantha34
04-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi, I joined about 3wks ago

I'm still trying to figure this site out lol

AnxietyDiva
04-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I just joined 5 mins ago. I don't know what you're going through but I'm currently sitting at my desk wishing I could just be away from everyone. I love my coworkers and my family but I don't want them near me, I feel like I've had way too much social interaction the last 2 weeks and I just want to shut down.

I have issues with germs, OCD type thoughs, obsessions, compulsions, panic attacks, I don't like being around people.

locksey
04-05-2013, 01:08 PM

Yeah , it took me sum time ... Think I've hit the hang ov it now tho

locksey
04-05-2013, 01:09 PM

I'm on my mobile and seems a little easier than how it looks on the actual website

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm new to this too! Finding stuff really hard and not getting any sleep! I have a really nice life so don't understand why i feel so anxious all the time!

My latest "thing" is waking up in the night seeing someone in my bedroom! :/ i'm pretty sure i'm cracking up!

granty
04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Defo a good forum to join helps you relax talking to people in a similar position :)

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Yeah i thought it may! :) sometimes it helps to talk to people who don't know you!

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Defo a good forum to join helps you relax talking to people in a similar position :)

Yeah i thought it may! Sometimes it's better to talk to people you don't know! They don't judge! :)

granty
04-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Yup it's helped me haven't been on here a for a while where u from :)

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:18 PM
That makes me feel better :) i'm from suffolk, uk! You?

granty
04-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Cool, I'm from kent

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Really? Not far :) my dad's from kent! orpington!

granty
04-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm from maidstone, not that far from Orpington, im grant 26 :)

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Kool! :) i'm Michelle, 29... Nearly the big 3-0 :/

granty
04-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Haha your only as old as you feel :)

locksey
04-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Heh..... U guys are young !!! I'm 39 this year but am sooooo young in my head ....

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Being young in the head is all that matters! ;)

locksey
04-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Being young in the head is all that matters! ;)

Yeah , I tend to judge myself against pple my age and then wonder why am I so diff

granty
04-05-2013, 03:53 PM
well it's Friday night and I'm ready for bed lol

blondebits83
04-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Me too! How rock n roll are we? Nunites :) xx

Samantha34
04-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm the same way life is pretty good but still have the anxiety. I also don't sleep to well, I wake up all the time through out the night. I'm from Dayton and I just turned 21 this year.

locksey
04-05-2013, 04:01 PM
P.s ... I'm frm Brum :-)

Samantha34
04-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Do any of you guys do any kind of breathing exercises to help with your anxiety?

locksey
04-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Do any of you guys do any kind of breathing exercises to help with your anxiety?

No, I dnt really get breathing problems... As in , I dnt hyperventilate

Samantha34
04-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I don't either but my therapist gave me some breathing exercises to do through out the day and when I feel anxious. It's supposed to help get me oxygen to the brain and is supposed to help.

locksey
04-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't either but my therapist gave me some breathing exercises to do through out the day and when I feel anxious. It's supposed to help get me oxygen to the brain and is supposed to help.

I've bin shown breathing exercises b4 but they stress me more than help looooool

jesikahlaine
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM

They help to regulate ur heart rate which can cause things like trembling, dizziness/faintness. I dont think i hyperventilate or do shallow breathing during a panic attack but find when i do the slow breathing it gives me something else to focus on & settles me down a bit. It does take practice. Ive only suffered this for about 2 months now. Anxiety panic disorder.

Samantha34
04-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I have anxiety with contamination so I freak out if i touch anything that I might think is contaminated. I don't have any panic attacks or anything I just can't stop thinking that something bad will happen if I don't go wash my hands right away.

blondebits83
04-06-2013, 12:23 AM
I have anxiety with contamination so I freak out if i touch anything that I might think is contaminated. I don't have any panic attacks or anything I just can't stop thinking that something bad will happen if I don't go wash my hands right away.

I think various forms of OCD go hand in hand with anxiety, mine is cleaning and things being in the right place, if i'm anxious i'll clean until i feel slightly more relaxed!!

Stephen Joseph
04-06-2013, 02:46 AM
Hello blondebits, I am very intrigued by your comment regarding waking up in the night and seeing someone in your bedroom. Do you mind elaborating on that?

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 02:08 AM
I think various forms of OCD go hand in hand with anxiety, mine is cleaning and things being in the right place, if i'm anxious i'll clean until i feel slightly more relaxed!!

I have OCD with things being straightened or things need to be just the way I want it but now that my anxiety has gotten worse I'm all about contamination and washing my hands a dozen times a day. I go so far as washing my hands if I touch something sticky or if I think the handle on the stink has something bad on it then I will turn it off with a towel or something after I wash my hands. It's really bad.

blondebits83
04-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Hello blondebits, I am very intrigued by your comment regarding waking up in the night and seeing someone in your bedroom. Do you mind elaborating on that?

I literally am positive there's someone standing at the end of my bed or walking past it? Apparently i used to have the same problem when i was about 7

blondebits83
04-07-2013, 03:35 AM
I have OCD with things being straightened or things need to be just the way I want it but now that my anxiety has gotten worse I'm all about contamination and washing my hands a dozen times a day. I go so far as washing my hands if I touch something sticky or if I think the handle on the stink has something bad on it then I will turn it off with a towel or something after I wash my hands. It's really bad.

Yeah that is bad, i hope you manage to sort it all out though, do you have therapy? I'm on the dreaded waiting list! :S

Kellie
04-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Hello, I am new here, i was diagnosed with social anxiety a few weeks ago but have had it most if my life. It's nice to finally have a place to go talk to people who are going through similar things..

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah that is bad, i hope you manage to sort it all out though, do you have therapy? I'm on the dreaded waiting list! :S

Yes I have a therapist, I just had my first session a couple of days ago. I'm also taking Paxil for my anxiety. My therapist said that within 2 weeks my anxiety should go down because of the Paxil. I'm hoping for the best.

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Hello, I am new here, i was diagnosed with social anxiety a few weeks ago but have had it most if my life. It's nice to finally have a place to go talk to people who are going through similar things..

I know what you mean. I felt like even if I talked to my family they just still didn't understand because they don't know what it's like so I kind if felt alone. But having people to share what is going on and hear their input really helps. It's nice to have people who know exactly what your going through.

Kellie
04-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah it sucks because usually my family are the ones i lean on and now i can't, but like you said, it is great knowing there are people out there who do understand and its finally good to talk to other people (:

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Yeah it sucks because usually my family are the ones i lean on and now i can't, but like you said, it is great knowing there are people out there who do understand and its finally good to talk to other people (:

Yeah same here and I try and tell my family what it's like but they just can't comprehend how I feel.

Kellie
04-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah same here and I try and tell my family what it's like but they just can't comprehend how I feel.

My family blame my psychologist for feeding all this "bullshit" into my head. -.-

NixonRulz
04-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Kellie - let your family read the posts on here from people in much deeper than yourself.

People without this will usually think a pill or a stern talking to should heal it. Like it does for many things

Until your family gets it, we don't think that you're too nutty. : )

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
My family blame my psychologist for feeding all this "bullshit" into my head. -.-

My dad tells me that I just need to get over it. I know he doesn't understand but it's still hard to think that my dad thinks that's its just something I'm making up. He used to tell me all the time that "it's all in your head" and it would hurt me. I had my therapist talk to him and since he has stopped saying that but I still feel that he still thinks that.

locksey
04-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Yeah ... Get over it , grow up , u making it up up /putting it on , u do it 4 attention etc etc ...... I wish all these pple yep that think or say this wud have an attack one day and let's see how they feel

Kellie
04-07-2013, 01:23 PM
My dad tells me that I just need to get over it. I know he doesn't understand but it's still hard to think that my dad thinks that's its just something I'm making up. He used to tell me all the time that "it's all in your head" and it would hurt me. I had my therapist talk to him and since he has stopped saying that but I still feel that he still thinks that.

That must of been real hard, my boyfriend and my best friend said that its all getting to my head and my best friend said that i'm just gettin' attention, they make out like i want to go through all of this.. I spent ages trying to make them understand, i gave up. I haven't even seen my dad or his family because of my anxiety, i know what's he's say.. So i get how you're feeling x

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Yeah ... Get over it , grow up , u making it up up /putting it on , u do it 4 attention etc etc ...... I wish all these pple yep that think or say this wud have an attack one day and let's see how they feel

Yeah, they don't understand. Like its not my choice to be this way. If I could just "get over it" I would. I don't like the way things make me feel but I can't control it. Everyday I have to fight the battle inside myself with my anxiety. If those people had one day in my shoes they would go insane. It's hard waking up everyday knowing what I'm going to have to face and it makes me just want to stay in bed all day sometimes.

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 01:31 PM
That must of been real hard, my boyfriend and my best friend said that its all getting to my head and my best friend said that i'm just gettin' attention, they make out like i want to go through all of this.. I spent ages trying to make them understand, i gave up. I haven't even seen my dad or his family because of my anxiety, i know what's he's say.. So i get how you're feeling x

My boyfriend used to think that I just didn't want to get better and that I was just over thinking things. He has come around a lot more to it and he wants me to talk to him about my anxiety but its hard to say how it makes me feel and what I'm feeling when it happens. He tries and stop me from doing what my anxiety wants me to do if I tell him I'm doing it because of my anxiety so I don't talk to him about it. He tells me to just calm down but it's not easy to calm down when your anxiety is making you that way.

Kellie
04-07-2013, 01:35 PM
My boyfriend used to think that I just didn't want to get better and that I was just over thinking things. He has come around a lot more to it and he wants me to talk to him about my anxiety but its hard to say how it makes me feel and what I'm feeling when it happens. He tries and stop me from doing what my anxiety wants me to do if I tell him I'm doing it because of my anxiety so I don't talk to him about it. He tells me to just calm down but it's not easy to calm down when your anxiety is making you that way.

I'm glad he came around for you, i hope mine does the same and he seems to hate the fact im going on meds, he refuses to talk about my anxiety and he doesn't get that it makes me more anxious -.-

locksey
04-07-2013, 01:39 PM
To be honest I never used to tell pple but after a really bad time and nearly a year off wrk I got to the stage where I really didn't care anymore and if pple asked why I cnt go sumwhere or why I act a certain way or do or think sumink I wud tell them and if they got it " great " and if they didn't " still great" as no-one will ever understand as much as they may try to ..... I still dnt go out my way to tell pple and only really do so wen I have to ... For example , a few weeks bak we were taking the children on a Skool trip so I couldn't go on the coach , I need my car close by " so , I had to tell the Skool " thankfully they were really good about it and I was able to meet the at the place.... I did get the odd teacher and other T.A's asking how cum I drove and I just sed " personal reasons "

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm glad he came around for you, i hope mine does the same and he seems to hate the fact im going on meds, he refuses to talk about my anxiety and he doesn't get that it makes me more anxious -.-

I know what you mean my boyfriend didn't want me going on my meds either so I didn't but after he realized how bad my anxiety was he realized that the meds would help me and I have been taking them for two weeks now. He's ok with it and he makes sure I take them in time. I hope your boyfriend comes around because it would help.

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 01:49 PM
To be honest I never used to tell pple but after a really bad time and nearly a year off wrk I got to the stage where I really didn't care anymore and if pple asked why I cnt go sumwhere or why I act a certain way or do or think sumink I wud tell them and if they got it " great " and if they didn't " still great" as no-one will ever understand as much as they may try to ..... I still dnt go out my way to tell pple and only really do so wen I have to ... For example , a few weeks bak we were taking the children on a Skool trip so I couldn't go on the coach , I need my car close by " so , I had to tell the Skool " thankfully they were really good about it and I was able to meet the at the place.... I did get the odd teacher and other T.A's asking how cum I drove and I just sed " personal reasons "

Yeah I don't like having to tell a lot of people why I act a certain way or don't want to go places. My family knows and my boyfriend and some of his family knows and that's it. But those are the people I am around the most so yet need to understand that it's my anxiety so I just do what I need to do to help myself and if they don't like it then to bad. I have to take care of myself first.

lexa
04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new here and I'll be darned if I can understand how this board works. LOL!!! just doing this is giving me anxiety.
I am not a social butterfly by no means but I feel pretty comfortable here. So I thought I would just jump in.
I have been taking Lexapro for 9yrs, the reasons are too numerous to mention right now and thinking of them is cause for an anxiety attack.
To make a long story short I thought for some stupid reason that I would be o.k without my Lexapro, so I gradualy stopped taking it,
bad choice at a very bad time, I found myself in the hospital having EKG's, blood work and a stress test which turned out to be normal
and was given Ativan. I'll end my post for now saying " Some Days are Diamonds ~ Some Days are Stone"

locksey
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm new here and I'll be darned if I can understand how this board works. LOL!!! just doing this is giving me anxiety.
I am not a social butterfly by no means but I feel pretty comfortable here. So I thought I would just jump in.
I have been taking Lexapro for 9yrs, the reasons are too numerous to mention right now and thinking of them is cause for an anxiety attack.
To make a long story short I thought for some stupid reason that I would be o.k without my Lexapro, so I gradualy stopped taking it,
bad choice at a very bad time, I found myself in the hospital having EKG's, blood work and a stress test which turned out to be normal
and was given Ativan. I'll end my post for now saying " Some Days are Diamonds ~ Some Days are Stone"

Hiya.... I joined bowt 3wks ago and " yeah " took me sum time to figure this whole forum out .... If u kan , get it on yr mobile as an app ... Seems a bit more str8 forward them the web forum

granty
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
A popular one people that family have said is its all in your head snap out off it, yup if only it was that easy ay people lol they don't understand 😞

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Hey, I have this as an app on my iPod so it's pretty easy. I joined just a couple days ago. If you ever need someone to talk to you can message me or just post on here if you need. That goes for everyone else also :)

Samantha34
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
A popular one people that family have said is its all in your head snap out off it, yup if only it was that easy ay people lol they don't understand dde1e

Yeah I get it a lot from my dad. He just doesn't understand. Wish he would open his mind a little and let me tell him but even if I do he still doesn't get it. I've given up trying to help him understand. He just thinks its all in my head so I can't help him there.

lexa
04-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I wish my Dr. would do the same!
I hope this gets posted where I think it's going to because my last post turned up in the wrong thread, but I'll keep trying till I get it right
this is why I don't do Facebook ~Jeez
I just want to say how nice everyone is here and that you have helped me more than any drug.
Don't have anyone that I can talk to about this stuff without getting the look that says "Oh grow up"
I know I haven't shared any details yet of my circumstances with anxiety and depression but it's the same as everyone here
I'm so blessed to have found this site.
"I prayed for God to send me a friend and guess what ~ he sent me an army

Kellie
04-08-2013, 12:02 AM
A popular one people that family have said is its all in your head snap out off it, yup if only it was that easy ay people lol they don't understand dde1e

That is what most people say, or they say its just a phase or for me a typical teenage thing so it will go -.- i think people need too be more knowledgeable that Anxiety is a mental illness and what it is actually like..

locksey
04-08-2013, 03:51 AM
I hope this gets posted where I think it's going to because my last post turned up in the wrong thread, but I'll keep trying till I get it right
I just want to say how nice everyone is here and that you have helped me more than any drug.
Don't have anyone that I can talk to about this stuff without getting the look that says "Oh grow up"
I know I haven't shared any details yet of my circumstances with anxiety and depression but it's the same as everyone here

Hi.. U go church then. ?

Lin
04-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I only joined a few weeks ago and I can't always find what thread been on so not worry if get it wrong. Just found it really good to be able talk to people who understand what I am going through. Also find I press send and realise so many mistakes it doesn't make sense!

Samantha34
04-08-2013, 11:35 AM

We are all here to help each other out.

Samantha34
04-08-2013, 11:37 AM
That is what most people say, or they say its just a phase or for me a typical teenage thing so it will go -.- i think people need too be more knowledgeable that Anxiety is a mental illness and what it is actually like..

My dad doesn't understand it at all. Everyone can tell him that I have anxiety and its not something you can just et over and he still would understand it. He just thinks that I need to suck it up and get over it but its not like that I ant and he doesn't seem to understand that.

Samantha34
04-08-2013, 11:40 AM
I only joined a few weeks ago and I can't always find what thread been on so not worry if get it wrong. Just found it really good to be able talk to people who understand what I am going through. Also find I press send and realise so many mistakes it doesn't make sense!

Hey, I only joined a few days ago and I love this site, it has already helped me. It's somewhere that I can talk to people who understand and get what I'm talking about. It really helps to be able to have people who get you and don't judge.

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 02:39 AM
So my anxiety kicked up yesterday and I almost started crying. I'm not site why because when I have my anxiety I never get that bad but for some reason it got that bad. Not sure if it was an attack or not. Anyway when that happened I was with my boyfriend so later that night I was talking to him about it and he called me crazy. I told him that him calling me crazy doesn't help because it the makes me feel like I'm crazy and he told me that I was. So that didn't help at all because now my own boyfriend thinks I'm crazy.

alfred24
04-11-2013, 02:44 AM
So my anxiety kicked up yesterday and I almost started crying. I'm not site why because when I have my anxiety I never get that bad but for some reason it got that bad. Not sure if it was an attack or not. Anyway when that happened I was with my boyfriend so later that night I was talking to him about it and he called me crazy. I told him that him calling me crazy doesn't help because it the makes me feel like I'm crazy and he told me that I was. So that didn't help at all because now my own boyfriend thinks I'm crazy.

It sucks when people are that way because they don't understand. My girlfriend doesn't know how I feel but she understands and comforts me when I get bad anxiety and supports me when Im improving with my anxiety. He probably doesn't think it's a big deal.

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 02:51 AM
It sucks when people are that way because they don't understand. My girlfriend doesn't know how I feel but she understands and comforts me when I get bad anxiety and supports me when Im improving with my anxiety. He probably doesn't think it's a big deal.

He knows about my anxiety but when I freak out about something that he thinks nothing of I don't get much support from him. He praises me when I do good but he never knows what to do or say when my anxiety happens. He knows what anxiety is and knows that I can't control it but it seems like he thinks its petty that I'm freaking out about something that he think I shouldn't.

alfred24
04-11-2013, 03:00 AM
He knows about my anxiety but when I freak out about something that he thinks nothing of I don't get much support from him. He praises me when I do good but he never knows what to do or say when my anxiety happens. He knows what anxiety is and knows that I can't control it but it seems like he thinks its petty that I'm freaking out about something that he think I shouldn't.

Well that's why you have us :)

Samantha34
04-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Well that's why you have us :)

I know and it's great I have people who understand me and get it. Right after I had my anxiety I came right to this and put Dow. What happened because I had no one else to turn too.