PDA

View Full Version : Constant yawning to catch deep breath

jlong007
04-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I noticed that lately I have been yawning, and it's a battle sometimes, in order to catch a deep breath. I went to the ER and the couldn't find anything wrong with me and gave me an inhaler.

Just want to know, has anyone ever had to struggle with this?

j2005
04-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Classic anxiety. I found this to be one of the last symptoms I have of anxiety.
I've just learn to accept it; don't fight it; and find distractions and it goes away

--James

brittleighhhh
04-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I had/have this. The more you think about it, the worse it is. It's just anxiety!

abartlett331
04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Try to clear your mind and relax. This often happens when your experiencing anxiety. It also gets worse the more you think about it. You just have to calm yourself down and focus on normal steady intervals of breathing. Exercising and doing yoga also helps with this.

a l i c i a
04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
I have this as well. I drive myself crazy over it! Once I start doing it, I find myself obsessing over it!

PanicCured
04-04-2013, 01:09 AM
I talk about this stuff all the time.

You are probably over breathing. Releasing too much CO2. A form of hyperventilation. Google Buteyko breathing techniques and learn all about it. We do not need to breathe so heavy. We need to keep a steady state of CO2. Too big to go into right now, maybe someoen else here can explain it but google Buteyko, overbreathing and anxiety.