PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to the doctor, or wait it out?

cookie26
04-03-2013, 01:59 PM
So I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder back in November. Ever since then I've been on zoloft and it's been helping a good amount. There are days where I'll still feel on the edge, but nothing full blown or afraid to leave my apartment like I used to be.

So today while I was at work, I was in a meeting and all of a sudden I feel like my eardrum is vibrating. It doesn't hurt, it just feels like whenever there is someone speaking or a loud noise, my eardrum will vibrate and it's startling because I'm not sure where it's coming from or what it is. It's been like this on and off for the last couple or hours.

I'm wondering if I should go to urgent care to get my ear checked out? All I can think of is I have an infection, but perhaps it's a stroke or tumor. I don't know, only because of my anxiety, I tend to go to the doctors for the small reasons - I can't decipher what is a serious problem or what isn't...what ailments I should go to the doctors for (like this) and which one's I shouldn't. I'm wondering if this is a good enough unusual problem to go to an urgent care doctor?

OK thanks everyone.

locksey
04-03-2013, 02:19 PM
So I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder back in November. Ever since then I've been on zoloft and it's been helping a good amount. There are days where I'll still feel on the edge, but nothing full blown or afraid to leave my apartment like I used to be.

So today while I was at work, I was in a meeting and all of a sudden I feel like my eardrum is vibrating. It doesn't hurt, it just feels like whenever there is someone speaking or a loud noise, my eardrum will vibrate and it's startling because I'm not sure where it's coming from or what it is. It's been like this on and off for the last couple or hours.

I'm wondering if I should go to urgent care to get my ear checked out? All I can think of is I have an infection, but perhaps it's a stroke or tumor. I don't know, only because of my anxiety, I tend to go to the doctors for the small reasons - I can't decipher what is a serious problem or what isn't...what ailments I should go to the doctors for (like this) and which one's I shouldn't. I'm wondering if this is a good enough unusual problem to go to an urgent care doctor?

OK thanks everyone.

I wouldn't worry at all and not sumink to go to emergency doctor ... If yr in America ( and u hav to pay to go the doctors ) then I wud go to yr local chemist as its prob just ear drops u need .... If yr frm England then u cud pop 2 yr doctor and they kan check , may just need syringing... Dnt worry tho

alankay
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
I doubt it's anything serious. Alankay

PanicCured
04-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Is ear vibrating a symptom of stroke? I never heard this one.