PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck??!!

mellymel
04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I am trying to just let things go, it's kinda working, and then today I did the unthinkable...I googled. Come to find out that those diagnosed with psychotic features have gone on to develop schizophrenia 2 - 3 years down the line. I don't even know where to begin to tackle this fear.

Also, Is it possible to be a mental health hypochondriac ? Because I read things about people suddenly having symptoms of a physical illness after they read the symptoms and I feel like I do this but with my mental health.

And yes I know I need to stop googling shit.

alankay
04-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Melly, careful of what you read! Sure you can be anxious, like I was, about "getting worse". That's part of it all. Anxiety seems to be the dominant issue with you and you can get more anxious and distressed(which brings yet more symptoms of the increased anxiety) but let me tell you, if anxiety wasn't your primary issue you would not be here. You'd have little clue or not have the ability to honestly evaluate yourself and ask for help. You are just very anxious which leads to.........more anxiety about the same and other "stuff". Please work closely with you doc or another one and follow recommendations. Place yourself under her care for now until you get calmed down and feeling better. Then treat us all to yet another nice profile pic!:) :) LOL Alankay

mellymel
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Melly, careful of what you read! Sure you can be anxious, like I was, about "getting worse". That's part of it all. Anxiety seems to be the dominant issue with you and you can get more anxious and distressed(which brings yet more symptoms of the increased anxiety) but let me tell you, if anxiety wasn't your primary issue you would not be here. You'd have little clue or not have the ability to honestly evaluate yourself and ask for help. You are just very anxious which leads to.........more anxiety about the same and other "stuff". Please work closely with you doc or another one and follow recommendations. Place yourself under her care for now until you get calmed down and feeling better. Then treat us all to yet another nice profile pic!:) :) LOL Alankay

Lol, thank you :)

It's the future that scares me.

PanicCured
04-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Just call your doctor and ask him your questions about what it really means and write down what he says to you and you have your answer. Ask the doctor who gave you the diagnosis. I suggest you talk to the guy who gave you the diagnosis. Then when you have more information, what you should be googling is how to cure or overcome your problems. And work on getting better, whatever it is. Just work on getting better, really better, not just doped up on meds. But my guess is you come on this site just for people to tell you don't worry to ease your fears. Although nobody here knows but the doctors who diagnosed you. You can always go to another doctor and get a second opinion. Just be practical about it please.

locksey
04-03-2013, 03:09 AM
Lol, thank you :)

It's the future that scares me.

Stop googling !!!!!