PDA

View Full Version : Help & Advice

dantheman9001
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Hello i have recently split with my partner and i am finding it very difficult to cope. He is getting on with his life and I'm still stuck in a rut. I feel ill at the thought of him with someone else and ill at the thought that i will have to start all over again. I suffer from anxiety and anxiety attacks. Will i ever feel like dating again?

Phantom33
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
How long were u with your partner?

dantheman9001
04-02-2013, 03:13 PM
1 year 4 months

Phantom33
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
I can relate to how you feel....I was in a very long relationship as well and when things went south I had a very hard time with it as well. Everything u described I felt. But I can assure you that yes you will be able to move on with your life as I have.....it is difficult at first just because of the emotional attachment we place into a relationship....but there is and will be another person out there for you. Try to focus on the good times u had and not the things that u can not control. This is the time that u have to right yourself and use it well....and if u need I am here to talk

abartlett331
04-02-2013, 04:02 PM
It's not going to be easy, but you must try to keep busy as much as possible, to avoid feeling depressed. Go out with friends, work out, go hiking, running, swimming, biking, yoga, etc... Just stay busy and realize that tomorrow will bring new possibilities and opportunities to meet new people. You can't beat time. Just let time run its course and eventually you'll feel like the same person you were before you met your partner. This will allow you to move on with your life and meet new people. Meanwhile, just get through the initial break up stage by staying busy and trying to have a good time with family and friends..