PDA

View Full Version : The Linden Method

laurandisorder
03-31-2013, 03:51 AM
I searched threads, but couldn't find too much information on this. I have looked at the program and an seriously considering purchasing it.

After my very bad attack today and constant anxiety levels, I kind of feel like my anxiety switch is 'on' full time. The website looks very, very promising. Like it actually made me cry reading some of the testimonies - could it be true? Could I be free of this forever?

The only thing holding me back is the expense. I'm compliant, I follow programs to the line and would do so here. I noticed that there is a money back guarantee. I would just like to hear people's thoughts on Linden's program. It looks too good to be true.

PC, I believe you have talked about this in the past, but I struggled to find posts you had made on it.

Thanks guys x

laurandisorder
03-31-2013, 03:58 AM
Oh man. Just searched again and found the thread I was looking for!!

Ooops.

I think I'm going to give it a shot and order it. I'm doing everything else: psychiatrist, psychologist, medication, exercise, even meditation on occasion (but it makes me uncomfortable!) I'm sick of being reliant on Valium. In the back of my mind, I just keep thinking 'what if it doesn't work!?' It took me 10mg (and a beer to speed up onset) to get me down from the attack today. I usually need 2.5mg. I was in my own freaking house with my partner and pets and NO external trigger FFS.

I want to be free and I am willing to try anything! $144 isn't that much. Even if there is only a 50% chance it will work!

laurandisorder
03-31-2013, 05:01 AM
Thanks Forwells.

I ended up buying the download version and am watching the introductory video now and... it makes a LOT of sense. The way that he describes the brain and emotional intelligence.

You know what coincided exactly with the onset of anxiety? My graduation from University (My post graduate degree). At the time, I thought it was an onset from worry about employment and also my partner being in a minor car accident. Maybe it had more to do with the intellectual stimulus in my life changing. I mean, there is only a certain number of time that you can read and mark the same sh*tty vampire stories I get submitted by students? 'I met him in the forest... He was he most beautiful man I ever saw... Blah blah blah... He was a vampire!'

omoplata
03-31-2013, 06:12 AM
Laurandisorder did you end up trying the linden method? Anyways I hope you are feeling better and I know you will work through this. Btw - congratulations on that post grad degree. What was the topic of your dissertation?

laurandisorder
03-31-2013, 08:44 AM
I did English in education for my post-grad. Pretty boring, but 100% relevant for my job.

I did purchase the Linden Method and I hate to say it, because PanicCured has only been drilling on about it for over a year, but Linden's methodologies have made a lot of sense to me. I need to take some ownership of these emotions and maybe it will be the last bad attack I ever experience. I need to stop looking at what to blame or what triggers these responses and stop feeding the fear monster.

I am approaching it with a completely open mind and plan to stick with it. Today's panic attack was a wake up call. I was minutes away from going to the ER, I was freaking out so badly. Now panic is no longer going to be an option for me. I'm sick of being so scared of an emotion and I am not going to let it affect my life any more.

I have read through the introduction - I never realised that there are a lot of things that I enjoy so much that I have given up because of anxiety, or just because. I have also accepted Pillar #1, which tells me not to see a doctor about anxiety. I will continue to see my psychiatrist to monitor my antidepressants and for Valium if needed, but I have had blood work done recently (for allergies) and I know there is nothing physically wrong with me - other than newly developed allergies. I'm grateful for this - considering my long history of eating disorders, I am lucky to walk away from years of self abuse with no chronic conditions. I'm pretty vigilant with my health, but not a hypochondriac, so this won't be a big one for me to deal with. I am very interested to start working on pillar #2 tomorrow.

PanicCured
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Here is the thread where we talk about it in detail:

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?16491-Linden-Method&highlight=linden+method

laurandisorder
03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks PC!

I managed to find it in the end. I am working through it at the moment and I feel really hopeful.

j2005
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
I love Libden and credit to helping me recover from anxiety!
James

PanicCured
04-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Because I took the approach of bombarding myself with any method I could get my hands on, I can't say exactly what cured my anxiety. I definitely used the Linden Method though. I loved the Panic Attack eliminator MP3. I would listen to that in headphones when I was out. I think it's the first pillar where he says just stop going to doctors. At the time I was drowned in medical tests so it really hit home. Yes it is overpriced. But so are ER visits and medical tests. There is a money back guarantee as well. The #1 help for me was understanding the philosophy of Buteyko breathing and reading Peter McKeown's book on it and his MP3. That really was important for me as I was hyperventilating all the time. I also liked David Johnson's Freedom From Fear. I took lots of supplements too. Yoga 2-3 times a week was very helpful. So much was helpful. You really just got to go on a healing path and keep moving forward in it. I think the final thing though will come from you and eventually it will be you that saves yourself. I guess these programs are kind of arrows guiding you, but eventually you are your own savior. Herbs can be very good at physically healing your nerves and adrenals. Healing is an all encompassing venture. Hard to explain it, but when you are there you will understand. And then again, life is a healing path.

Here's another fantastic book by Amelina Linsdale I put up for you for a free download.
http://mbf.me/12uKet

laurandisorder
04-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Thanks so much PC. They sound very helpful! But I'm going to take on one method at a time - I think that will work better for me.

I'm up to pillar four today and I have to admit that the program has given me a lot of strength already. The panic attack mp3 is amazing - it's only 11 minutes long, but I listened to it about three times yesterday and it gave me a lot of strength in a very stressful time.

In accordance with Linden's approach, which I am going to follow for a good 8 weeks at least, I won't be lingering around here any more because hanging around and thinking about my anxiety or exposing myself to others who suffer from it because it feeds on it.

Talking about the anxiety, whilst it seems helpful, is supposedly validating it. I want to follow the program to the T, except I will have to consult with my Dr to start weaning off meds. I have been off and on the benzos for about 14 months now (with way more time on). I can start to taper by myself to the 1mg a day point, but I struggle with rebound after that. I will stay on my antidepressant medication as that is to treat my depression (that predated my anxiety) and Eating Disorders.

If anyone needs to reach me, they can PM me. I really appreciate the input of everyone on this site. It has opened my eyes and made me realise that I am not alone in this very frightening situation.

Love you guys :)

laurandisorder
04-03-2013, 04:21 AM
I just thought I would add that as testament to my not just positive, but proactive approach to beating anxiety forever. I have had to come on camp for school - I was freaking out about it SO much.

I wanted to back out so badly, I didn't even like being away from home as a kid, but I didn't back out and I'm having a great time. I'm reprogramming!!