PDA

View Full Version : Coffee!

Colibri
03-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Are you drinking any coffee guys? How does it make you feel? I don't drink it too often but i have noticed that after drinking coffee i feel very bad.
Bought one without caffeine today...

Lin
03-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Caffeine a always bad for me - migraines and stomach aches - avoided it since age of 11. Think it will affect some medication, especially if having lots.

DorsetGirl
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Are you drinking any coffee guys? How does it make you feel? I don't drink it too often but i have noticed that after drinking coffee i feel very bad.

I was really bad when drinking coffee it made my anxiety so much worse as I was more "wired" after a few of them. I switched to decaf coffee and the taste was still the but I really began to notice I was so much less twitchy with less headaches.

I've been on the decaf for about 4 months, and I can tell straight away if someone gives me "normal" coffee.

Colibri
03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Caffeine a always bad for me - migraines and stomach aches - avoided it since age of 11. Think it will affect some medication, especially if having lots.

Lin, migraines and stomach aches is not what's bothering me... It's my crazy beating heart and pressure in the head, somethimes feel even sick :(and not to mention the feeling of trouble inside which i have very often, after coffee it's crazy)

onebreathatatime
03-30-2013, 03:40 PM

I don't drink coffee although I do drink tea.. I used to be able to drink around 4 teas a day but I find with my anxiety it emphasizes my trigger (my heart beat) so I don't drink much anymore.. today I have had one and feel good about it, no issues. :)

Colibri
03-30-2013, 03:42 PM
I was really bad when drinking coffee it made my anxiety so much worse as I was more "wired" after a few of them. I switched to decaf coffee and the taste was still the but I really began to notice I was so much less twitchy with less headaches.

I've been on the decaf for about 4 months, and I can tell straight away if someone gives me "normal" coffee.

I was reading that sweets also can make you feel the same... How about you? I'm curious sbout the spicy food cause i like it so much

DorsetGirl
03-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Lin, migraines and stomach aches is not what's bothering me... It's my crazy beating heart and pressure in the head, somethimes feel even sick :(and not to mention the feeling of trouble inside which i have very often, after coffee it's crazy)

Rapid heartbeat and palpitations I was getting with the coffee quite regularly after I became unwell with my depression and anxiety and it was having drastic effects on my digestive system too, although I won't go into graphic details ! I was shaking all the time and became hyper aware of things around me, noises were louder and people irritated me more, so I would drink more coffee and so began the vicious circle and in the end I stressed myself to the point that I would self harm to snap me out of it.

Colibri
03-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Rapid heartbeat and palpitations I was getting with the coffee quite regularly after I became unwell with my depression and anxiety and it was having drastic effects on my digestive system too, although I won't go into graphic details ! I was shaking all the time and became hyper aware of things around me, noises were louder and people irritated me more, so I would drink more coffee and so began the vicious circle and in the end I stressed myself to the point that I would self harm to snap me out of it.

Oh yeah.... And of course shaking hands and all the body actually .. So i decided not to do that anymore, let's see if decaf coffee will not increase those symptoms

Lin
03-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I have started drinking green tea and flavoured teas. Some take a while to get used to, but don't affect your body in any way.

Ahlstrom
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I drank my first cup of coffee since I got my panic disorder and it made me feel like shit. No loss, I've never been a coffee drinker.

streakybacon
04-04-2013, 10:13 PM
I can only have one coffee to start the day any more and I feel wild sketchy n nervy

streakybacon
04-04-2013, 10:15 PM
I was told in anxiety managment that caffiene lingers in the central nervous system 4 around 12 hrs

Lin
04-05-2013, 01:51 AM
I think definitely avoid caffeine, even in normal tea if you drink lots of it. You can buy decaf tea and coffee and taste no different. Even my husband who has non illness can't drink a lot of coffee or he shakes and another friend finds it stops him sleeping and upsets his stomach etc. So definitely a good thing if you are I'll and taking medication. Try herbal teas and green tea - you get used to them after a while.

alankay
04-05-2013, 06:14 AM
Caffeine may make you edgy/anxious/jumpy, etc,... but maybe not. If it doesn't bother you have a cup, if you're anxious skip(or have a decaf) it until you feel better. I mix my decaf and regular coffee often. Alankay

streakybacon
04-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Didnt realise there was caffiene in tea lol learn sumfin new everyday

princesskj
04-07-2013, 07:29 PM
I drink coffee everyday It doesn't really have an effect on me

Lin
04-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Sounds like you are lucky with caffeine not affecting you-

Julienne89
04-23-2013, 12:55 PM
coffee lol for me its not just coffee its any sort of drink red bull, lucozade, coke, dr pepper, tea, pain killers with added caffeine you name it just one cup and im worried my heart races my cheeks flush and i feel so ill! its amazing how it effects different people!

warumtera
04-25-2013, 01:00 AM
i love coffe much