PDA

View Full Version : New want to hear from real people

Tanky
03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum but have had these feelings for years. I have started to think about my job as its not going very good and I fear for the future. I have been looking at several sites and have now a good idea how to beat it but I would like to hear from real people.

How do you beat it do you have any good tips

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 12:36 AM
How do I beat anxiety? It's like and everyday battle. But I'm currently going through life changes!

Tanky
03-30-2013, 12:40 AM
How do I beat anxiety? It's like and everyday battle. But I'm currently going through life changes!

NIce to hear from you I work away alot and mostly on my own this is when the brain starts to wonder.

I am home at the moment but will be going back at the weekend for another 3 month stretch.

How do you overcome your anxiety and how do you block the bad thoughts do you have any good advice for me

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Well what do you have anxiety about exactly? Like medical problems? What do you tend to worry about?

Tanky
03-30-2013, 12:42 AM
By the way you look too young to have problems lol I am over 50 but I would like to hear your ideas

CClementine
03-30-2013, 12:43 AM
I'd like to know how people cope too. It has gotten worse for me now that I'm in college. It gets to a point where ill leave my apartment and start walking to my classes but as soon as it hits, I end up missing the bus and walk back to my apartment. I've missed so many classes. I try to just go through it and tough it out and try not to engage eye contact with anyone otherwise I start getting teary eyed and cry. I have days where I am fine and very sociable. Some may even think I'm the most outgoing person. But little do they know what i go through in a basis. It takes a lot out of me and even a little trust and faith to get me through the day. Listening to music helps. I try to get a work out in every now then. I write. I call my friends and ask about their day just to help keep my mind off or stray away from negative thoughts. It also helps when I have a couple friends I can go to that their presence alone calms me down. I try my best to stay positive and remind myself that this is silly and it will pass. I don't want to live my life like this. I'd say that when my days are good, they're really good. But when they turn bad, they're really bad and I'm just soooo happy to be at my apartment to recollect myself.

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Lol well I have anxiety about health problems, and college, and being an adult..... Those are the kinda things I can give advice for, lol!

Tanky
03-30-2013, 12:48 AM
MIne are the same when I am about to go to work I have to push myself.

I know I have to make changes and I know I have to work hard for my family but its hard. Its been harder over the last week but I will overcome it.

I hear dieat and exercise will work so I will try. But talking to people with the same problem may help too.

I have a few days off but will have to go back soon nd at the moment this is causing my brain to overload

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 12:50 AM
I too am super outgoing! Anxiety is like my closet secret. I've had it for nine years (I'm 18) and the best way I've learned to cope is push myself to do things that are uncomfortable. And I let panic attacks happen. I try not to worry about them. I have breathing exercises I do, working out helps a bit, therapy, and medicine.

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 12:51 AM

Tanky
03-30-2013, 01:04 AM
I am over 50 and have been through the mill. Military etc. etc and worked away lost a marrage kids grown and left. my thoughts are all about the future and how I can try make it better.

its worse when I am alone and the thoughts come early in the morning and laying in bed thinking is a nightmare so I need to find away to block it out. I have started to listen to the radio and trying to listen to music before I shower and its working but it repeats day after day. I know about getting into a routine and writing and eating but sometimes its too much to lift a hand to make food I need away to get my arse into gear.

Tanky
03-30-2013, 01:06 AM
you have a happy smile but some good tips there

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 01:12 AM
It best helps to not let it stop you from completing any goal or task. To me its like, Anxiety is a wild horse... Capture that horse and make it your bi*ch. if you don't, it will continue to prance around your yard and poop in your garden. Don't let that horse poop in your garden.

Tanky
03-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Yeh but if it does its good for the garden lol.

The problem is in my mind I know I can do it and I know I can beat it I just have to believe and work hard. Support from others is the key but its slow coming so need to find people to help.

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 01:18 AM
This horse poops evil acidic chemicals that are killing your lovely rose bush collection.

Will power my friend. And this anxiety forum is FULL of people who are willing to talk and help you. Like 24/7. It's help me a lot.

Tanky
03-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Good I will keep using it. Thanks

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Cool. I wish you luck!

Tanky
03-30-2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks you too