PDA

View Full Version : Why do i let people worry me and wind me up

Lin
03-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Even when I think I am having a good day someone saying the wrong thing or pushing me to do something makes me so angry and I lose it - either angry or cry. Why can't I stop letting people get to me. Even meditation not helping me yet.

DorsetGirl
03-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Even when I think I am having a good day someone saying the wrong thing or pushing me to do something makes me so angry and I lose it - either angry or cry. Why can't I stop letting people get to me. Even meditation not helping me yet.

Don't be too hard on yourself Lin, it's because not everyone knows everything about us and they are bound not to understand how our emotions and thoughts make us feel.
Sometimes I find myself constantly saying sorry it's not you it's me without explaining to them the things that wind me up and tithings that are unhelpful to me when I am not well.

I use skills I learnt in my emotion management course and I find that helps a lot.

Perhaps a similar course would be helpful to you, If you haven't already done any. Learning to challenge the way I was dealing with how I let people get to me was so enlightening and it's given me such a good basis to be able to do all the other recovery courses.

The road to recovery may be long and you may stumble and fall sometimes but keep at it and you will get there

xx

Lin
03-29-2013, 12:03 PM
I have just done a REC course and going to discuss my next one line April, perhaps emotion one would be good. Notice you called Dorsetgirl I am from there too

Lin
03-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Just sent you a private message asking if we can compare support we get since struggling at moment. Hope you will feel able to respond.