PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over weight gain

Blessed
03-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Among other issues, during the past 2 years and with dealing with this anxiety, fear and trying new meds, I have managed to gain 50 plus pounds. So extremely depressing. My fear is that I'll keep gaining and keep gaining until one day I become bed ridden then die from obesity. Far fetched I know but seems doable in my mind. I so desperately want to lose weight but I feel I have zero will power and when I do try it won't budge. It's making my anxiety worse not to mention the strain on my bones. Advice please!!!!!!

Lin
03-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Before my depression struck this time I had just list 5 stones for about the fourth time in my life. Each time I lose it something major happens and I end up comfort eating and putting it back on. You can try healthy eating at home, but to lose weight seriously I always need to go to a club and also start exercising. Paying the money at a club makes me committed so I try harder, and then I gain confidence when lost some weight and start back at gym and swimming. I stupidly always think my weight won't go any higher than ever been before, but obviously it does. I often joke when big that I will explode one day. Your head has to want to lies weight otherwise it won't work whatever you do.

mglover92
03-30-2013, 09:30 PM
honestly all you have to do is get through that first day or first week and it will become a habit.

mglover92
03-30-2013, 09:31 PM
also eat nothing but fruits and vegtables and lean meats (chicken) avoid red foods. Invest in a juicer to juice the veggies and get all the nutrients out of them. Try to go all organic...I am making this change and it is said to create miracles...just ask people who are on it.

Lin
03-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Know you are right, but just need food as comfort when depressed and have anxiety. I know how to diet - used to be a weight watchers lecturer - but when ill I can't diet and just comfort eat, even though I know how stupid it is. I also know that when I have lost my weight my confidence is so good and I feel grill, and then love the gym and swimming. Just have to eat with depression!!!

onebreathatatime
03-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Among other issues, during the past 2 years and with dealing with this anxiety, fear and trying new meds, I have managed to gain 50 plus pounds. So extremely depressing. My fear is that I'll keep gaining and keep gaining until one day I become bed ridden then die from obesity. Far fetched I know but seems doable in my mind. I so desperately want to lose weight but I feel I have zero will power and when I do try it won't budge. It's making my anxiety worse not to mention the strain on my bones. Advice please!!!!!!

I feel as though I too just gain, gain and keep gaining. I believe my weight gain has been from my meds, I previously was on Paxil which almost caused an immediate increase of about 25-30 pounds and I have since switched to 10mg of Prozac and have gained another 10... I do try to do all the right things, eat properly, exercise, adequate water intake, sleep only 7-8hrs a night, etc.. Nothing seems to help.. I have asked my dr to re-test my thyroid as it runs in my family to be on the heavier side with a thyroid issue. Have you had yours checked?

Blessed
03-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes twice and it was fine. I feel mine was is med related. I quit my depression meds but still on low dose of atenolol and Prilosec everyday which I feel causes weight gain